Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

October 7th, 2009 11:00

Delete Task, Limit on Msgs that can be processed?

Hello,
Running EmailXtender 4.81.1147, Exchange 2003

Recently ran into a situation where I had to delete a message from almost all mailboxes. I created a delete task to delete it based on subject and from, and choose all mailboxes.
Seems like the task will end at AROUND 100,000 messages processed, regardless of how many mailboxes it has gotten to.

Is there a set internal limit of being able to parse only 100,000 messages that anyone knows of?

138 Posts

October 7th, 2009 11:00

One more thing, not that it matters much, but in the summary window, it seems to state that 2 emails are deleted from a mailbox when in fact one was deleted. So for two emails that match the delete criteria, it posts 4 as deleted and so on.

600 Posts

October 7th, 2009 20:00

Hi Wiser,

No EX do not have any limit set in the EmailXtract application unless something would have happened that could have killed the threads or job was paused or job was set with a time limit.

What was in the logs file ? Did it say something like job complete time ? If you see a complete time then it would mean job has completed.

The best I could suggest is to create a job with either mailbox summary or my favourate for troubleshooting "Message Detail". If job is still continuing you should be able to see that in the log files. Make sure when you are running these jobs that time around no backup job should kick in. EmailXtract will show you how many message it processed which will be a very large number because it will have to process every single message and then decide if it meets the criteria you mentioned. I will also use caution and run it once in similation mode and once satisfied with results then I will run in the real mode.

In message detail level logging you should be able to see every single entry for message that is deleted. No doubt you will have a large file we well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Rajan
No Events found!