Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2015 07:00

EmailXtender 4.80.213 with EmailXtract documentation Export to PST

Hello Everyone,

I have been charged with getting off of our old EmailXtender 4.80.213 on Windows 2003 server.  We have over 1TB of data that has to be exported and imported into another system.  I only started working on this project, and to my surprise this product is EOS March 2014 (1 year too late). 

My question is, does anyone have any help/documentation on exporting to PST using the EmailXtract program that was included with the Legato EmailXtender suite of programs.  I have called EMC support, and I am still in touch with another EMC representative, but thought I would reach out on here to see if anyone might have some documentation that would define these processes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I forgot to add any pertinent information please let me know.

Sincerely,

J.J.

272 Posts

May 1st, 2015 14:00

Basically you would have to use the search client to find the pertinent data (usually per user for permissions) and export it to PST.

Depending on how many users you have this can be a very time consuming tedious process.

What system are you planning on importing the data into?

There are 3rd party migration tools available to do just that.

Gary Reardon

Data Protection / Messaging / Security Consultant

gary.reardon@SourceOneGuru.com

gary@reardon.consulting

sola scriptura, sola gratia, solus Christus

600 Posts

May 2nd, 2015 01:00

Hi JJ,

Unless you use third party, the only way to get data out of EmailXtender is using EmailXtender Search Plug-in which can export data to PST/NSF based on the environment it is used in. It is resource and time consuming exercise.

Since details of new solution are not provided I will mention something which I am not sure if you would have already looked into.

EMC SourceOne superseded EmailXtender in year 2009. If your site maintained active support contact with EMC for EmailXtender support, your account rep/EMC partner might be able to help you transfer existing license for EmailXtender to SourceOne. EMC and qualified partners also offer EmaiXtender to SourceOne migration service called In Place Migration (IPM). You can continue to archive data into SourceOne and users/auditors can still search and export data that was archived into EmailXtender.

EMC SourceOne has evolved though, it not only work with email systems but instead now have broader portfolio. Some of those are as follows:

EMC SourceOne for Email Management (Exchange/Domino/Office 365/SMTP/IM and so on)

EMC SourceOne for File System

EMC SourceOne for SharePoint (Storage Management / Archiving)

EMC SourceOne Supervisor (it superseded EmailXaminer in case you have it).

You can check further details through your account rep EMC or EMC partner your site might be using.

Best regards,

Rajan

114 Posts

May 7th, 2015 04:00

Can you also export data in SourceOne Discovery Manager on a Mapped Folder which is in Co-existence with EmailXtender?

70 Posts

May 7th, 2015 08:00

Yes you can use Discovery Manager to search/export data found when searching a Co-existence Folder.

No Events found!