Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

13 Posts

October 11th, 2018 21:00

Need multiple "Does Not Contain" (-) keyword terms in a single search

I previously posted this in the wrong forum (I will delete my first post).

I have been stumped for a few weeks on this - how to specify more than one keyword to EXCLUDE in a search.

For example, if I want to return emails with the terms ONE or TWO or THREE but only if they don't include FOUR or FIVE, what would my syntax be?

I have tried:

Keyword:  One Two Three   (I assume that this is okay)  then I add another Keyword field:

Keyword:  -Four -Five

Keyword:  -Four Five

Keyword:  -"Four" -"Five"

Keyword:  -(Four Five)

So far, nothing seems to work.  I keep seeing emails with FOUR and/or FIVE.  I don't think splitting up terms FOUR and FIVE into separate keyword fields would work since that would create and "AND" criteria.

ALSO - are there any documents that show sample "Complex" searches?  The online SourceOne Discovery Manager manual is somewhat straight-forward and simple in their examples.

Thanks in advance for ANY advice.

13 Posts

October 25th, 2018 03:00

Does anyone know of any other support options or sites for getting answers to questions like this?  The syntax in the documentation is good, but does not address some of the more "complicated" searches.  Thank you.

600 Posts

October 29th, 2018 21:00

Greetings,

Have you tried opening service request with support team in regards to your requirement?

Usually if you let them know your requirements, support team can also test in lab and discuss internally. Hopefully support team will be able to answer your queries.

Have you tried expression search within Discovery Manager, it lets you use logical AND /NOT

I will do some testing tomorrow if I get some free cycles.

Regards,

Rajan

25 Posts

November 1st, 2018 06:00

to be certain, in your request you have the words showing specific case.  In SourceOne  Search and Discovery Manager, if you specify the case, the search is case sensitive, hence Four is different than FOUR.

You can certainly use multiple not operators in a search term.

There are not really any documents that have examples of complex searches, but if you want to dig deeper you can refer to ISYS documentation that can go deeper, but do remember SourceOne only uses a subset of operational and positional parameters.  Building a complex search will depend on what you want to achieve.  DM is intended as an early case assessment tool, so unless you can break the search down with AND, OR, NOT, and positional parameters, you are not likely to get exactly what you may be after.

You may also want to look into the Search Expression as you can get at least complex within that (i.e. combining AND OR and NOT in the same search term line).

Good Luck

Walt

13 Posts

November 1st, 2018 08:00

Hi Rajan.  Thanks for the reply.  We don't have a support contract anymore, so i'm not sure that I can open up a service request.  (I will try!)

And I have used the expression search, but my problem is that I don't know what SYNTAX to use.  I have tried over 20 different combinations, but none of the searches yield the correct results.  I haven't been able to find any examples online for specifying more than one term to "exclude".

No Events found!