Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

October 25th, 2013 02:00

Offline Access Client doesn't start after reboot - v7.1

I have setup an SourceOne Email Management v7.1 environment.

On a client machine running Outlook 2013: I run the silent install script to install the Offline Access Client v7.1 and after a reboot the Offline Access Client is working as expected. (retrieving, caching, ... is working fine)

When we close and shutdown the Outlook process and restart Outlook the Offline Access is still functioning as expected.

When we shutdown and start the client machine the Offline Access Client isn't launched with the Outlook service. So we have to re-run the silent install script to install this Offline Access Client.

We're not using the GPO to install the Offline Access, users have to run the script manually.

This isn't the functionality as expected. Is anyone else facing this problem as well?

600 Posts

November 3rd, 2013 16:00

Greetings,

I am not aware of this issue being reported so far. If you continue to face this issue, I would recommend it to be reported to EMC SourceOne Support by opening an Service Request and provide the instruction you use to install the client (it would help with reproduction of the issue).

A question though, if you do not use command line or script to install but use the executable provided by EMC, do you still see the issue on those machines ? Reason to ask this query is because some use products like ORCA to extract MSI and then use MSI to install, it could be missing some switches that runs from EXE and do not make certain changes that are needed.

Best regards,

Rajan

No Events found!