Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2014 13:00

SQL query to retrieve all objects added to the archive

I'd like to get a dump of all of the objects that I've added to the SourceOne archive.  Getting all of the Address Rules from the Journal Archive activity seems like it would be a good place to look.  I've only recently inherited the job of maintaining the SourceOne environment so I'm a little unclear on the layout of all the databases and their tables.  Any solutions, hints, or pointers?  Thanks.

272 Posts

October 22nd, 2014 14:00

Please define what you mean by all objects and what parameters you are trying to retrieve in that dump.

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2014 15:00

We've added people to the archive, as well as other shared mailboxes.  I'm trying to get a handle on the complete list of people and mailbox objects that are currently being stored in the S1 archive.

114 Posts

October 23rd, 2014 01:00

Hi Alcolon,

You can query the ES1Activity Database with the following:

SELECT *

FROM DataSources

This will give you a resultset with all the mailboxes/SharePoint Sites/File Shares/.. that have been touched by EMC SourceOne. You should filter out the Service Account/Groups/Admin Group and you have a clear view.

600 Posts

October 31st, 2014 21:00

You may also want to look at EmailAddress table too the reason is like this:

For example when an email is sent by CEO of company to 5000 employees and may be 100 outsiders in BCC, SourceOne maintains all routes in its table. That way you have 5101 routes stored and 1 copy of email stored where all these routes will point to.

If SourceOne has been added to your responsibility then first thing you want to read is the EMC SourceOne Email Management Administration guide for the version of SourceOne you have. Its never versions and older versions can be downloaded from support.emc.com website.

Most of the admins do not need to understand how the database tables/schema is interrelated. Most of the time address rules are the default address rules unless they were altered to achieve corporate/compliance goals. There are some videos on YouTube that may interest you, they are very basic but for someone new to system they could be start point. EMC also runs administration course for this product.

Best regards,

Rajan

No Events found!