Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2010 08:00

SourceOne 6.6 and Windows Server 2008 compatibility

Hi,

I've some doubt about ES1 and Windows Server 2008 version compatibility if I check inside last ES1 Compatibility guide Ver A10.

For ES1 modules in general I found out only R2 version of Win 2008 is compatibilty list.

ES1 Extention for Dominio refers to Email Server matrix table 2.

For Domino 8.5 (64bit) with Windows 2008 (64) the R2 version is not mentioned.

So R2 is necessary to install ES1 modules on OS Win 2008, but is not supported for ES1 extention for Dominio with Win 2008 R2.

My customer is moving to Domino 8.5.2 and wanted to install it on a Win 2008 Server R2 version, as their company standard.

So if I required to install their Domino environment on a Windows 2008 not R2 I need to be sure, because I'm driving customer email environment because ES1 compatibility guide says so, or at least is not clear about R2 or not R2 version.

Does anyone install ES1 Domino extension on a Win 2008 R2 ?

Could anyone from EMC investigate on this issue ?

Thank you very much

Best regards

39 Posts

November 24th, 2010 12:00

Andrea,

I am working on clarification concerning R2 and Domino 8.5.2.  I hope to have an answer for you early next week.

Thanks.

MJ

November 25th, 2010 01:00

Hi MJ,

yesterday I've also open an SR linked to above customer about this issue.

In the past an SR for info only takes a long time to get replied, last one for instance took a month.

So this is the reason I opened a thread too.

This time I've already been contacted by EMC support and they're preparing the Domino environment to test everything.

I'll get test results in a week or two and I'll report them in this thread too.

I want to advice you to avoid you or other people work in parallel with support on same issue.

Thanks you very much

Bye

39 Posts

December 1st, 2010 13:00

SourceOne 6.6 Domino Listeners and Extensions are not supported on Windows 2008 R2.

December 2nd, 2010 00:00

Hi Ibrahim,thank you for your reply, but your assertion, in accordance to Compatibility guide,  is valid only for Domino ES1 6.6 extension.

For Exchange, all version, is exactly the opposite : only Win 2008 R2 is compatible, so it seems in this case if a customer install Exchange on a Win 2008 not R2 ES1 Extension for OWA can't be installed.

In summary for Windows 2008 compatibility:

For ES1 binary only R2

For ES1 Domino Extension only Not R2

For ES1 Exchange Extension only R2

I think there's a bit of contradiction and it'll be not easy , expecially for customer email environment, to find the suitable combination.

I'll hope in the feature it'll be less restrictive because in general customer has already installed email server, so ask them to reinstall email server for ES1 Extension compatibility sounds no reasonable.

Thanks

Best R.

Andrea 

39 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 06:00

Andrea,

Apologize for any confusion. My answer was based on your primary question focusing on SourceOne 6.6 Domino Listeners and Extensions. The answer published was verified with Product Management before hand.

Unfortunately, the versions listed in compatibility guide are the only ones supported as the moment.

No Events found!