Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2014 01:00

SourceOne 7.1 and Exchange OWA 2013 - View original message

Hi,

this is the first time I installed the OWA 2013 plugin für Exchange 2013 and SourceOne 7.1. I shortcutted some mails and some attachments, to view the archived message I have to click on "view original message (document)" in OWA. I hope the translation is correct, in german it says "ursprüngliches Dokument anzeigen".

Is there a way to skip the click on "view original message" and to show the archived message directly in the reading pane?

Thanks and regards

Andre

600 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 04:00

Hi Andre,

If sourceone extendions on exchange are working and you are not using vonversation mode there is no reason why you will have to click on the link.

Extensions should trap the message class abd give you back full message.

Check to naje sure conversation mode is not used otgerwise try repair install to check all the options.

Tomorrow I shoukd be able to test and share with you outcome from my exhange 2013 box.

PS: I should have realised 2013 CAS you are talking about. The design has changed so now SourceOne has APP that is published for users to use when a message is shortcutted messages. Based on your original question, no in Exchange 2013 we will have to leverage "View Original Message" link which is actually an OWA app from EMC. This will result in opening original message as a pop-up that message could be forwarded to other users if you need to send full attachments with the email.

Best regards,

Rajan Katwal

Sent from mobile device.

Please ignore typing mistakes.

6 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 06:00

Hi Rajan,

will test with disabled conversation view (is enabled at the moment) and will get back to you.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Andre

6 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 02:00

Hi Rajan,

I turned off conversation mode, but I still have to click on the link to get the message. The OWA extension from S1 install should work, otherwise even the link should not work.

Do you have another idea why the message is not shown in the reading pane?

Regards

Andre

600 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 04:00

Hi Andre,

You may want to open SR with support to have this looked into.

The links you see are UUrl which is like fallback mechanism where a plugin or extension cannot created to deal with shortcut messages.

Best regards,

Rajan Katwal

Sent from mobile device.

Please ignore typing mistakes.

No Events found!