Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2013 02:00

SourceOne Offline Access support Outlook 2013 and Windows 8?

Hi All

When will Outlook 2013 and Windows 8 be supported bij SourceOne Offline Access? In which version of SourceOne?

Kind Regards

15 Posts

September 18th, 2013 08:00

Still no answer to this,

I wonder if this will go on at the Gartner Magic Quadrant under new category of "Can't bring products to market before newer versions are released".

At this rate the Offline Access Tool for windows 8 will come out after Windows 8.1 and it probably wont support Windows 8.1.
I wonder if Office 2015 will be in beta before we get it.

Come on EMC even NetApp are faster than this

48 Posts

September 18th, 2013 09:00

Hi Jelle,

SourceOne version 7.1, which is targeted for November 2013, will have support for Outlook 2013 and Windows 8.  If you would like to obtain the product sooner, there is a Restricted Availability release (targeted for October), please contact your account team to get on the list.

I believe SourceOne's release schedule is 6-12 months, after any major release.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Brad

15 Posts

October 18th, 2013 06:00

Odd that Brad,

I have chat logs stating 3 months, then 3 months from GA, then 6 months, then it moved to Q3 2013, now we are in Q4 and EMC are so far behind everyone else in mail archiving, that even Microsoft have released a new version of the OS before EMC can support the old one!

You cannot buy a Windows 7 License in the Enterprise market anymore, you have to buy Windows 8 and downgrade to make OAT work.

Not good enough

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 20th, 2013 20:00

Check here:

System Error

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 20th, 2013 20:00

15 Posts

October 21st, 2013 01:00

Nice a compatibility guide about a product that is not released (my original gripe)

EMC SourceOne Offline Access 7.1 will support your every OS that is available today! Oh wait, maybe not there is no mention of 8.1 fingers crossed. Lets see if will work or just wait another year for a compatible release.

48 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 16:00

Hi Benzyl

I went through my lab today and tested SourceOne 7.1 (RA), with a Windows 8.1, Office 2013, and Offline Access 7.1 (RA).  I was able to retrieve all shortcuts successfully!

If you would like to obtain the 7.1 (RA) software for your testing and environment, we can submit your request to the Restricted Availability program.  I can forward the details to you, if you are still interested.

Thanks,

Brad

15 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 01:00

Thanks for the reply @Brad Segal,

Great news that the OAT will support 8.1.

There is no point in applying for the early release as the 6 PC's running Windows 8 are all touch screens and deployed into the live environment.

Benzyl

1 Message

November 13th, 2013 02:00

Hello Brad,

If you don't mind can you please send me a copy of the file? My email is ologe5@gmail.com. I appreciate greatly....

48 Posts

November 13th, 2013 20:00

Hi onome,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide the files individually.  In order to obtain the new SourceOne 7.1 RA, you must contact an EMC partner or EMC Professional Services, to have it implemented and tested in your environment.  Please contact your account representative for details.

If you do not want to go through that process, the next release will be in a couple of months.

Thanks,

Brad

No Events found!