Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2012 09:00

SourceOne Search From Outlook

Besides the macro that needs to be enabled in order to create an icon to launch the SourceOne Search webpage directly from Outlook 2010, does anyone know if any other company has made any type of integrated client (a la the EmailXtender Search Plug-In) or does EMC plan to do so down the road?

Some current EX users aren't very open to changing the way they conduct searches...and going from EX to SourceOne for them is a shocker.

Thanks.

Kauanoe Eldredge  Sr. Systems Engineer  Paradise Canyon Systems

Office: 808-521-8411  Toll Free: 866-891-8411

Direct: 808-440-7215 Fax: 808-587-7907

kauanoe.eldredge@paradisecyn.com  http://www.paradisecyn.com

See How SourceOne eDiscovery Can Help Your Business

http://www.emc.com/collateral/microsites/sourceone-city/index.htm

11 Posts

June 25th, 2012 00:00

A nice semi-integrated way we use in our Outlook 2007 environment is to let the Outlook render the Search page. Just create a new folder, open its Properties, assign the Home Page address to SO Search, and mark it as "Show home page by default for this folder". Works very nicely.

SO_homepage.PNG

In Outlook 2010 you can assing a homepage to a folder as well, but in my quick test there were some scripring errors while trying to open the search through Outlook 2010. Maybe that is just in our environment and a bit more work is needed to get it right. Just give it a try.

Kaspars

272 Posts

June 25th, 2012 17:00

Nothing is planned from EMC.

The API is available if someone else wanted to write one.

Sent from my iPad

7 Posts

August 8th, 2012 04:00

Kaspars,

Have you tried this?  I've used this with other systems before but SourceOne wants to open another window and Outlook doesn't support this.   It would be nice to know if there is a work-around.  This would be a huge help for SourceOne users!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 20th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Please look at this link www.it2u.com IT2U have developed a SourceOne search plugin that opens a browser from within the Outlook application, it works well and can be deployed out to all users in a managed way.

Hope this helps

No Events found!