Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 21st, 2009 08:00

Support for Lotus Domino 8.5???

Hi Everyone....
(specially "Rajan")

Is current relese of EmailXtender supporting Lotus Domino 8.5?
I got the reference from last same thread that, its not currently supported.

If yes then can we go for upgrade from 4.8.655 to Latest one, if we are keeping our mail infrastructure at 7.0.2?

If no then, what is the roadmap for the version compatible with 8.5?

Thanks in advance!

.::[ashX]::.

204 Posts

May 21st, 2009 13:00

Hi [ashX],

yes, the compatibility guide says: "Lotus Domino 8.5 with hot fix 85IF1 (includes point releases), 32-bit, not using the IBM DB2 database. EmailXtender is compatible with the use of the Domino Attachment and Object Service (DAOS)." - Please search for "Messaging Current Product Compatibility Guide" dated May, 1st 2009 for further information!

Also your 7.0.2 is supported. - I've upgraded a customer with Domino 8.5 to the latest release without any problem! When upgrading the domino shortcut resolution on the servers, it's always an issue that the path to the domino servers is not found. This needs to be a permanent path-entry.

Hope this helps,
Jochen.

600 Posts

May 21st, 2009 16:00

One more thing to watch for is to make sure you also upgrade notes client on EX server because there seems to have been some issue with notes calls while EX is archiving messages if notes on EX server is below 8.0.1 notes release.

Thanks,
Rajan

600 Posts

May 21st, 2009 16:00

Hello Ashish,

Jochen is right in saying that Domino 8.5 is supported by latest EX patch kit.

I would suggest you to download "Messaging COmpatibility Guide" to make sure you familiarise with what is supported and what is not supported. Also remember Domino 8.5 (64 bit) is not supported.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard or Enterprise edition, SP1 or higher, (with
or without R2, 32-bit or 64-bit (64-bit version installs 32-bit files on Windows 2003, not 64-bit files)

Thanks,
Rajan

37 Posts

August 12th, 2010 09:00

Hi Rajan... and All..

After long time....

Now there is compatibility between EMCSourceone and Lotus Notes 8.5 on 64Bit windows 2008R2. Now we can go ahead, but now we need to know as we are holding product emailXtender, and EMC has stopped the product and started EMCSourceOne, are we eligible to get the same as a free upgrade?

We were waiting for this long time.. As we need the combination of the Domino 8.5 on 64-Bit Windows 2008 R2.

Only there is no support for the EMCSourceone Windows 2008 R2 64-Bit.

My main Question whether we will get upgrade to EMCSourceONE....

Regards

AmrutG

70 Posts

August 13th, 2010 07:00

Hello,

We support only what is stated in the Compatibility guide.

The Compatibility guides are located here :

http://powerlink.emc.com

Home > Support > Interoperability and Product Lifecycle Information > Compatibility Guides

One could argue that stating that we support Windows 2008 SP2 and higher would also mean that R2 would be supported as they are basically the same OS.

Having said that, I will research this some more here internally at EMC and I will get back to the Forums as soon as I can.

Regards

Stephane

37 Posts

August 25th, 2010 11:00

I am not denying the compatibility given in the Guide!

There is no still compatibilty for EmailXtender is not still compatible with Lotus Notes 8.5 on win2K8..

EMC Sourceone is having the compatibility for all we want, except EMCSourceOne on win2k8 - 64 Bit.

And further we want to know that as a customer will we eligible for upgrade to SourceOne, when our EMailXtender is under support...

Thanks!

70 Posts

August 26th, 2010 06:00

I apologize for the delays in getting back to you about 2008 R2. I haven't heard back from Product Management. I will follow up with them now.

As for your eligibility to get Source One. It is my understanding that, as long as your Support/Maintenance contract is valid and up to date you are eligible to upgrade to Source One.

Regards

Stephane

No Events found!