Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2010 13:00

User Cache-> Setting up a custom recipient to talk to EX Server?

Can anyone please direct me the process to create a custom recipient to allow User Cache to talk to EX server?

The admin PDF just says 'create customer user'  dosnet provide any detail!

PS I did some searches, and didnt bear fruit.

TIA

600 Posts

February 3rd, 2010 17:00

Hello,

Are you talking about User Cache or Offline Access ? Please use Offline access if you are not use it already. User cache/Offline Access client do not talk to EX server directly. It talks to front end server first which works as a proxy. While installing Offline access you only provide User Cache server addresses.

Which Admin Guide are you referring to and what page number?

Thanks,

Rajan

33 Posts

February 4th, 2010 07:00

Raj,

I did some more checking and I see that all users were given the newer source one client, to interact with Outlook 2007.  So each client by default is looking to talk to a SourceOne server, not the UserCache.  When I change a few clients to user cache, the test succeeds and they begin downloading cache correctly.

So I can either Upgrade to Source One or manually set 900 clients to User cache.

600 Posts

February 8th, 2010 17:00

Hi There,

SourceOne offline Access for EmailXtender is compatible with UserCache server. Please read the documentation to get better understanding.

While you are on EmailXtender you need to talk to User Cache server to get to EX server.

Thanks,

Rajan

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 30th, 2010 09:00

Hi,

Either provide the address of the Usercache front end server while installing the client (Silent install has switch to provide name of the server) or use group policy template included with OA.

With group policy you can set several options on the client and name and type of the front end server is one of them.

Khozema

272 Posts

April 12th, 2010 07:00

Did you try changing the configuration via GPO?

No Events found!