Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

October 20th, 2010 08:00

What hidden property tags are created on a mail item when Archived?

Hello,

EX 4.81, exch 2003 environment

I would use the EMC chat feature however it is down for EX support.  Too bad because this was a simple one off quick question

What tags are added or modified when a mail item in a mailbox is archived by an EmailXtract Task?

I am using an Outlook add-in called Outlook Spy to try and confirm that data in one particular mailbox has been archived or not.

Background information:

We are running archive tasks on certain mailboxes to archive data into EX.  For some reason when we start the task for one particular mailbox, the task will process a random amount of items (always under 100) and then stop.  Never happened before.   Either this data was already archived and this is normal, or something is wrong and the task abends.  No error messages are shown in the small log file that is created.

So i just want to see the property tag of some of these items to ensure this data is protected.

As an alternative, we are getting ready to archive data in another mailbox, and when that task ends (2 days from now) i can run the task again and see what actually occurs when the archive task runs on a mailbox where all data has been archived already.  I kind of expect it to say "skipping" all items, whereas in the problem above, it only shows 1 to 100 items, then stops.

Thanks in advance.

138 Posts

October 20th, 2010 10:00

answering my own questions again

esg95957

mainly the bottom.

Instructions:

1) Open MS Office Outlook.

2) Highlight the Inbox in the Folder List.

3) In the Inbox window displayed on the right, right-click on the column heading bar.

4) Select the Field Chooser option.

5) From the Field Chooser pop-up dialogue box select the All Mail fields option from the drop down menu.

6) Find the target Message Class mail field and drag and drop it to the desired spot among the Inbox column heading bar.

7) Close the Field Chooser pop-up dialogue box.

No Events found!