Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2016 09:00

how to map shortcut to new location for copied Archives

i have new storage and i copy archives from old archive folder to new archive folder, but now i am facing problem with shortcut mails because it map to old archives not to the copy archive in the new archive folder.

how i can recreate new shortcuts for the copied emails in the new location.

114 Posts

November 11th, 2016 01:00

You'll probably need to update the Universal URL (in Application Configuration in your S1 Console) to the new server. Best practice is to use a DNS Alias here.

Afterwards run an Update - Shortcuts task over the affected mailboxes.

600 Posts

November 12th, 2016 16:00

Greetings,

When messages are archived there is association of data and user permissions tied to Mapped Folders. When you copy data certain ownership information may to end up in new archive at times.

I am not sure what kind of storage you had that you needed to move on this path because if it was any kind of NAS/SAN storage then DELL EMC SourceOne  support team has a tool they created which can help you to just updated the path of data without having any need to copy over data.

I hope you would not have deleted your original archive or mapped folders.

My recommendation would be to work with DELL EMC SourceOne support engineers to see what the issue is. If it is just matter of adding users to newly created mapped folder that would take care of the issue. If it is missing ownership from emails then there will be extra work required to resolve it.

Best regards,

Rajan Katwal

No Events found!