Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 7th, 2013 06:00

looking for a reputable company for migration from MailXtender to SourceOne

any input is appreciated even if you had a bad experience.
thank you in advance.

2 Posts

Thank you Rajan,

I already did and they keep recommending the same company.

unfortunately for me all project over 10k requires competitive bids. so I am looking for two more  bids and my emc sales rep is not much help.

600 Posts

Greetings,

If you have got EmailXtender through a EMC partner you can check with them if they are certified for IPM migration.

You can also leverage your account team in EMC to engage EMC consulting or certified partner to finish the migration.

Thanks,

Rajan

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hello:

I just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to get your In Place Migration of EmailXtender to SourceOne completed. If not, please email me and I will put you in touch with a rep that can / will help you. EmailXtender is quickly approaching End of Service Life, so we are working hard to migrate the remaining EmailXtender customers to SourceOne.

Sincerely,

Jeff Dembinski

272 Posts

March 18th, 2014 14:00

We would be glad to give you another quote for your project.

We have done dozens of IPM Migrations and we were the first partner to become involved with EMailXtender migrations

well before the IPM tool became available.

We have a vast amount of experience and are well aware of all the gotcha along the way.

We are the only partner that achieved the EMC Governance and Archive accreditation.

Email me directly to supply the information so we can properly quote your environment.

gary.reardon@lumenate.com

11 Posts

March 18th, 2014 14:00

Hello Rajan,

Please let me know if this is a project you're still looking at. We (Seven10 Storage Software) are a close EMC partner used for a wide array of migrations.

All the best,
Derick Smith

Seven10 Storage Software

208 Posts

March 18th, 2014 18:00

We have worked with Gary and Lumenate on several EX/S1 projects and they are an absolutely reputable and  reliable choice.

Best Regards,

Mike Horgan

2 Posts

April 11th, 2014 06:00

Hi,

Please contact WPDM (wpdm.co.uk), they are experts at IPM and have performed many migrations

Regards

Saf

October 16th, 2014 13:00

Very, very bad experience with EMC's own services.  While you get to work with good implementation engineers, their project management and planning was total ____.

Examples:

No licensing available when on-site engineer arrived (6w later...)

Unable to retrieve documentation from the support site due to licensing mixups

No documentation available until the Friday before the engineer arrived and only when I asked him--PM's and planning ignored our requests for weeks

Sizing document was a thrown together Visio that didn't even take into account our requirements (implementation engineer was again surprised)

They still haven't fixed it all.  I'd say go with a 3rd party partner that can support you directly and will take the time to analyze your environment and requirements.

272 Posts

October 16th, 2014 13:00

We have done nearly 100 of them.

Please contact me privately for more information.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 20th, 2015 09:00

IT2U have experience and expertise in EMC SourceOne installations and migrations, www.it2u.com the contact details are on the site.

Regards

Saf

2 Posts

November 10th, 2022 10:00

I am looking for support to migrate Source One for Exchange from a vblock to a vxrail, and from and old DataDomain to a new one.

No Events found!