Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

March 8th, 2007 01:00

Error Code: 1000-0141

I have a dell latitude c510/c610. When i boot it up i get a Primary hard disk drive 0 not found. No bootable devices . well then i proceeded to a dell diagnostics and go . every thing passes but the ---Start DSI short test--- tests---- results fail. Error Code: 1000-0141. Msg: NO drive detected. so i did some reserch. I came to belive it was the hard. So i bought a hard drive and installed it. But i get the same thing. Or could it be the motherboard gone bad.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 8th, 2007 10:00

When you replaced the drive, did you remove the blade connector from the back of the original and place it over the pins on the new drive? If you did not, the drive isn't connected to the system board, which is why you're not seeing it.

March 8th, 2007 22:00

thanks much it works like a charm. Been fighting with this for a few days now.

1 Message

March 10th, 2007 17:00

I have a similar problem to the one described and want to install another hard drive in the laptop.  Can you tell me what the blade looks like and how to remove it from the old drive?  Didn't want to attempt until I knew what I was doing.  Dell phone support didn't know how to do this.

Thanks.

1 Message

June 2nd, 2007 14:00

Hi, I would like to know where the hard drive is so i can connect mine's too. Cause i am having the same problem and i think that the connection is bad. So i have to go in it and connect it good but i don't know where to go? Can anyone help me do this. Thanks...
No Events found!