Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2006 13:00

Sonic/Roxio CD-RW Burning Error

Using Sonic's Record Now v7 that came with my Dimension 8400, I have come across the following error when burning a copy of a non-copyrighted DVD:

Sense: 06  ASC: 29  ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

-------------------------------------------------------

Px.dll: 2.7.17.500

PxAFS.DLL: 1.0.0.1

pxdrv.dll: 1.1.63.0

PxMas.dll: 2.7.17.500

PxSFS.DLL: 2.7.17.500

PxWave.dll: 2.7.17.500

PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3\

I have also recently installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 and have gotten the same message plus this one when performing the same task:

"Power on reset or bus device reset occurred (unit attention 06/29/00)"

Following Roxio's tech support advise, I updated the firmware for my NEC ND-3530A DVD-RW drive (Dell replaced the original drive to try and fix the problem), made sure DMA was enabled on the computer, tried different DVD-R disks, updated the Sonic Record Engine, and uninstalled/reinstalled the DVD-RW drive via Device Manager, but no luck.  Using the disc copy feature in EMC 8 produces the error and no DVD, but using the DVD Movie Copy choice will produce DVD copies, as long as you OK the "Power on reset..." message in between copies.  Roxio support then indicated that this seems to be an issue involving the computer's power supply or IDE Bus and refered me back to Dell.  Dell now wants me to wipe my hard-drive clean and reinstall Windows XP.  After checking out the SCSI Sense Code error in the 1st error messsage, it does indeed relate to an issue regarding "power-on reset or bus devise reset" as Roxio had mentioned.

Anyone out there have any ideas?  I really don't want to reinstall XP to fix what seems like a power supply or IDE Bus issue?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 16th, 2006 15:00

I found this ATAPI Error Guide, which lists a number of fixes for the 062900 error. Have you seen these?

4 Posts

February 16th, 2006 23:00

Thanks for the lead.  I did come across the ATAPI error code list previously, but not the suggested actions.  After looking up my error (062900) I went thru the list but none of the suggested solutions got rid of the error.

1 Message

February 18th, 2006 09:00

Can you please let me know how you get on as I have had the same problem with Sonic which was installed on my Dimension 9100.

When copying audio CDs I get the same PX errors as you do.Says it cannot transfer the data fast enough for the Writer.

My DVD RW is a LG GWA4164b and firmware updates are as rare as rocking horse poo!

Thanks

Message Edited by munkyhanger on 02-18-2006 05:15 AM

4 Posts

March 1st, 2006 19:00

I have been around the hardware & software block with Dell & Sonic/Roxio which have included: Dell replacing both my DVD-RW & CD-RW drives, power supply, motherboard & IDE cables, countless Dell patches & updates, firmware updates, BIOS updates, Intel Chipset updates, Roxio updates & patches, changing burning speeds, swaping out the drive order, etc...  And finally after all of that & 2 hours of paid software support (which Dell did finally remove from my credit card), I was told to find another brand of burning software, because the Sonic Record Now (came installed on my Dimension 8400) and also Roxio EMC v8 (installed recently) simply are not fully functional on a Dell - or at least the configuration of my 8400 and who knows how many others!  It would have been really nice if Dell had done a better job of testing the software that they have put on countless other machines. I'm just glad I had an extended hardware contract!
No Events found!