Hi I am a Dell user. I have 1564 Inspiron, right now not in warranty. Lately I faced blue screen of death, when restarted, Dell logo appears and later a blank screen! On restarting and pressing F12, with the Pre boot system assessment, I discovered its error code 2000-0151.
I do face a cracking noise from the disk. Any possible solutions???
That error indicates an "incorrect status" of your optical drive. I suggest you run the Dell diagnostics on your drive. To test your CD/DVD drive from the utility partition:
1. Reboot your system. When you see the Dell logo, hit F12 to enter the boot menu.
2. Select Boot to utility partition.
3. Select Test System.
4. Select Custom Test.
5. Use the arrow keys or mouse to select your CD/DVD drive.
6. Insert a CD or DVD.
7. Click Run Tests.
8. Write down any error messages.
I have the inpiton 15, it didn't come with a cd DVD drive, I had it for about 5 weeks before it came up with the same error code. I need this for school now and can't afford a new laptop.
Thnks for ur reply.On hittn F12,I get 4 options under boot menu directly as follows
this is wat i get on hitn F12.on entering diagnostics,now im gettn error code 2000-0146.DST hard drive shot test Fail.
what shld i do???
Pleace solve my problem
1. when i am installed windows xp then show me some technical erroer
Stop: 0x0000007b (0xf78d2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
2. when laptop runing in Diognostic then show errores
error code 0151, hard drive 0 incorrect status: 32 No additional
Plz solve my problem i shall be heavily thankful to u...