Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2017 18:00

Any plans for a ViPR Controller binary install?

Hi, I'm looking at deploying the ViPR Controller on my customer site soon and I wanted to know if there are plans for a binary install version release of the ViPR Controller, either Windows or Linux?

It seems we are somewhat limited on our customer site where vApp is not preferred due to vulnerability/patching concerns and the ESX team are a separate entity to the hosting platforms (Linux/WIndows) so gaining vCenter account privileges to run the non-vApp install are going to be difficult. Thanks, Daniel

120 Posts

February 22nd, 2017 15:00

Hi D_Rep

VIPR  Controller itself only comes in a vapp.

Thanks

10 Posts

February 22nd, 2017 15:00

Thanks for your response Tim. It also comes in a VMware non-vApp deployment (also Hyper-V), however my question was specific to plans for a binary install due to customer limitations.

Perhaps product support or engineering can also help answer this.

Cheers

120 Posts

February 23rd, 2017 10:00

D_Rep:

I discussed this with Product Management before I sent you the first response.

They are aware that some customers want this functionality but unfortunately there are no plans at this time.

I would be happy to create an Enhancement Request for you. I would need an Service request (SR) in order to do this.

If you could create a SR with this suggestion and in the notes have them assign it to me, Tim Thomas.I would be happy to write an Enhancement request for you

Thanks

Tim

10 Posts

February 27th, 2017 17:00

Hi Tim

Thanks but I'll raise the Enhancement Request myself as I have access to the system.

I originally tried to raise a SR about this question but as we don't have the ViPR Controller on our account, I'm unable to raise a case against it. So that's why I've gone via the community route.

No Events found!