Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2008 13:00

Are ControlCenter Host and Master Agents Backward Compatible

I know that a ControlCenter 6.x server is backwards compatible with 5.2 agents, however, are 6.x agents compatible with a 5.2 ControlCenter server? We are in the process of updating our builds and the ECC deployment to 6 will arrive later than the updated builds.

Thanks.

The ControlCenter infrastructure must be at the same version or newer than the agents so you cannot use 6.x agents with a 5.2 ControlCenter server. In addition, I believe all infrastructure components (ECC server, store, archivers) must be at the same version.

472 Posts

Hi,

I don't believe 6.x agents are compatible with a 5.2.x ControlCenter Server. I'm not even sure if this scenario has been tested in-house.

How are you planning to upgrade the agents to 6.x if the Server component is 5.2.x? I'm guessing that you're moving agents from a 6.0 infrastructure to a 5.2.x infrastructure by editing the relevant ini files, yes?

You are correct in saying that 5.2.x agents will continue to work in a 6.x Server environment (there are a few caveats namely the FCC Agent and Storage Agent for HDS have to be updated to 6.1 when the Server itself is 6.1).

Regards,
Séamus Coffey
EMC Global Services
No Events found!