Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 31st, 2008 13:00

CLARiiON SP busy alert showing user password in clear text

I recently discovered that with ECC 6.1 (CLARiiON agent version 6.1.0.0.119), I would get the following alerts on occasion:

Description: SP A XXXXXXXXXX is not responding!

The X's indicate the clear text password for the ECC user account I created on the CLARiiON for management. This happened for multiple CLARiiONs (five so far) and the clear text password would show up in the ECC console's alert as well as in the e-mail notification and SNMP trap.

I have opened a case with EMC and they are attempting to reproduce the issue. In my environment, the CLARiiON agent was running on a Sun server and managing several arrays. I don't know whether there was a DCP load issue on the Sun server (I don't think so because there were only about 7 CLARiiONs being managed) but I have since added two additional CLARiiON agents into the environment and am waiting to see if this continues to occur.

Has anyone else seen this problem in their 6.1 environment?

March 23rd, 2012 11:00

I know this is a very old thread but wanted to provide the correct answer since it appears that the problem could still exist.  This was discovered as a bug in the ECC software and EMC addressed it by releasing a patch.  Using the latest version of ECC software should prevent users from seeing this issue.

472 Posts

January 1st, 2009 04:00

Hi,

Personally, I haven't seen this issue myself within EMC Global Services.

Please report back the findings of the Support case in due course.

Regards,
Séamus Coffey
EMC Global Services

1 Rookie

• 

72 Posts

January 5th, 2009 13:00

What is the name of the alert definition that is triggering this alert? I looked through the alert matrix spreadsheet for 6.1 and the closest one that i could find was "SP Unreachable" alert.

January 5th, 2009 14:00

It's a generic agent alert and not one of the two SP alerts. That's one of the reasons I haven't been able to disable this one particular alert (which would have been a quick workaround for this issue).
No Events found!