Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2012 23:00

Configuring mail alert in ECC 6.1

I have completed configuring ECC 6.1 in my environment. I am getting lot of alerts .

I need to configure mail alert so that my critical alerts need to get in my mail.

Kindly help me where to configure my mail id . Please let me know the steps and path

472 Posts

August 13th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Firstly, you need to configure ControlCenter by adding the SMTP host details in the :\ECC\ecc_inf\data\ecc_inf_hostname\data\ecc_server.ini file on the ControlCenter Server host (look for the 'smtp host' parameter in the file).  You will need to stop/restart the ControlCenter Server service in order for this change to take effect.

Thereafter, you can manually add email notifications for individual alerts in ControlCenter Console as follows:

Administration > Alert Definitions > (Select relevant folder and then the relevant alert) > right-click on Alert > Edit Alert > Actions > Add New Management Policy > Give the policy a name and drag the 'Email' icon to the right-hand panel > Click OK.

You should then receive email notifications for that alert when it triggers in the future.

Regards,

Séamus Coffey

EMC Customer Support Services

No Events found!