Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2010 13:00

ECC Host/MasterAgent points to old repository

Have a Windows host that had it's old ECC repository removed without removing the MasterAgent. Now they want it to point to the new ECC repository. Uninstall fails when it cannot communicate to the old repository. How can I uninstall/remove the MasterAgent so I can install the new version?

MasterAgent Version=6.0.0

2 Posts

September 10th, 2010 09:00

Thanks for responding.

The MasterAgent is communicating with the new ECC Server BUT it will still not let me uninstall the MasterAgent through Add/Remove Programs. It attempts to talk to the old repository location during the uninstall process. Some sleuthing on my part shows that the registry values have the old repository location stored in a few locations.

I am also assuming that since the software was installed using InstallShield that I should not uninstall using the command line procedure. If this is the case then is there a procedure for changing registry values to point to the new repository also?

Kurt Dickason

233 Posts

September 9th, 2010 00:00

Hi,

Two options available here

1)

Go to to the Server in question and manually remove the Master agent using the steps below and then re-install pointing at the new  EMC ControlCenter Server's FQDN and IP address

Uninstall Only the Master Agent (Using the Command Line)

Use this procedure to uninstall the Master Agent if it was installed using a method other than the InstallShield from the ControlCenterinstallation disks.

Windows

a. Run <ECCRootDirectory>\uninstall_master.bat.

Wait until the uninstall is complete. If there are no more products

installed to this directory, go on to the next step.

b. Manually delete the following

uninstall_master.bat (the batch file you ran in the previous step)

c. Install the Master agent from disk 4 on the server in question and when the option appears during the installation wizard point at the new  EMC ControlCenter Server's FQDN and IP address

Use one of the methods mentioned in the PLANNING AND INSTALLATION GUIDE guide Page 143 onwards to install the Master Agent on each host. The script for Installing the Master Agent is available on disk #4.

If you require the 6.0 or 6.1 installation disks they are available on powerlink as ISO images at the bottom of the page. Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads C > ControlCenter v 6.x  

EMC highly recommends using a shared folder (or, in the case of UNIX, an NFS-mountable disk) to deploy the Master Agent, especially if you plan to run ControlCenter agents on many hosts. Instead of moving the installation disks from host to host, you can map a drive to the shared location on each host and deploy the Master Agent from there.

Or

2)

edit the following files to communicate from the Master agent Server in question to the new EMC ControlCenter Server's FQDN and IP address. With out having to uninstall and reinstall.

1. On each host where EMC ControlCenter Agents are installed, modify the CTG. INI, MASTER.INI (only found with EMC ControlCenter 6.x) and MGA.INI files as follows: 

Note: You must verify that the default ControlCenter Server port has not been changed.

• Edit the CTG.INI and change the Server Host = to the new FQDN. If an IP Address is used, replace it with the FQDN unless the host is behind a Network Address Translation (NAT) Firewall. (see example below)

#
    #   Configuration options go into this file
    #
    # IP address of the Server
    Server Host = FQDN

• Save the CTG.INI file.
  • Edit the MASTER.INI and change the Server Host = to the new FQDN. If an IP Address is used, replace it with the FQDN unless the host is behind a NAT Firewall.

a. Server Host = FQDN
    b. Connect to = svrFQDN 

• Rename the following

• Save the MASTER.INI file.
  • Go to the MGA.INI file in the MGAxxx directory - %ECC_INSTALL_ROOT%\exec\MGA610

Note:  MGAxxx represents the pre-6.1 version of EMC ControlCenter, MGA600 = CC 6.0, MGA520 = CC 5.2.

• Edit the MGA.INI and change the following:

a. Server Host = FQDN
    b. Connect to = svrFQDN

Note: Always use the FQDN unless the host is behind a NAT firewall.

• Save the MGA.INI file

2. Start the EMC ControlCenter Master Agent Service

3. Check the EMC Ionix ControlCenter Console for host

Regards

Conor Lawlor

No Events found!