Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2010 18:00

Help with importing CMDB items using the SMS connector - Infra 8

Hi All,

I’m hoping someone might be able to assist with the SMS federated CMDB connector.

I am using the default IN_SMS80.incf file, I am able to test the connector successfully and search SMS using the Search > ‘External Resources’.

The problem I am having is the scan of the SMS never seems to end and stays ‘in progress’ and during the scan no CMDB items are imported (6 days and counting).      I thought it might be the volume so I tried to import each resource type separately e.g. Resources then Metered Software then Packages and in each case only 1 or 2 fields in the Resource Mapping with match turned off.  Still no luck

Does anybody have any ideas or can offer assistance.

Thanks,

Brad

bradclapham@gmail.com

2 Posts

January 27th, 2010 02:00

H

how have you configured the i feb cmdb.

if you can provide me with details i may be able to advise.

i have configured many fed cmdbs but with using landesk.

Cheers

3 Posts

February 8th, 2010 14:00

Thanks Geoff.

All the fed settings are setup and the connection to the SMS server can be tested successfully.  Infra can see and search the SMS db but when trying to import anything the import routine starts but nvr ends.

I've limited the resource selection from SMS to packages only to limit the amount of data imported but no luck.  I suspect it could be an issues with the *.incf file which is an xml file used to map up to SMS.  I've raised the issue with our Infra reseller a week ago,  I will let you know the response.

Any help in the mean time would be great

Thanks,

Brad

3 Posts

February 8th, 2010 18:00

Fixed!!!  needed to use FQDN.

2 Posts

February 9th, 2010 02:00

Hi Brad

Sorry i did not reply it been away. Good to here you have sorted out issues. If you do require Infra support let me know we may be able to help you in the future.

Regards  Geoff

No Events found!