Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2009 08:00

How to view TTP Files

Hello,

I have generate STORSTPD Daemon running on an HPUX SYMCLI host.
I am trying to see those files on EMC Performance Manager and not been able to view those files and idea how should I go about .

I have EMC Controlcenter ver 6.0

7 Posts

October 21st, 2009 07:00

Its not allowing me to View the TTP Files.
I spoke to EMC CE and his response was you would not be able to view the TTP file generated from Storstpd daemon... as it is not generated by WLA archiver.

So I opened up a Case with EMC and there response was also same. That since it is generated by STORSTPD Daemon ... It can only be view in SPA Analyser or STP Navigator.

56 Posts

October 19th, 2009 12:00

Hi,

You can open them using the Performance Manager-application. When it starts, one of the selection buttons allows you to open a regular file. Sorry, I'm not at work right now so can't tell you exactly which button to press. It shouldn't be that hard to find though.

227 Posts

October 20th, 2009 23:00

Are you sure that your TTP files are generated in the specific location? if yes it will viewed once you open the performance manager , double check the location you specify ..

56 Posts

October 25th, 2009 12:00

Strange... I have certainly opened .TTP-files from storstpd in Performance Manager. The TTP-files were created with SE 6.5.something, and they worked fine in Performance Manager 5.2.

The metrics storstpd uses don't quite match the metrics the Storage Agent for Symmetrix generates, so some things are a bit off, but creating basic graphs worked fine.
No Events found!