Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 19th, 2013 09:00

Ionix Network Configuration Manager - Data Field Queries

Hi

How do i incoporate user defined Data Field attributes into Attribute Queries? I have created two Data Fields and assigned them to the Devices Resource but they do not appear as a Device column when I try to select them in the Query. They appear under device views under Network Navigation but not in the Attribute Query dialogue.

Thanks

Image of Data Fields created below:

Capture.PNG.png

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 19th, 2013 15:00

This is a known issue in NCM and is anticipated to be addressed in an upcomming version of the software.

User defined datafields are populated into views in the query builder utilities associated with NCM's attribute queries that are separate from other views displayed in the NCM graphical user internface. This information is stored dynamically on the local file system of the client workstation. At present, this view is only refreshed when the application is launched.

To cause the user defined datafield to display normally in views used to build attribute queries, you must first log out of NCM, then close the application completely without attempting to log back in. This will cause the local cache to clear. Once the cache is cleared, you should be able to log back into NCM and see the current name of the user defined datafield in any attribute query related view.

Once the user defined datafield has been attached to the query and the query is saved, it is similar to saving a device configuration, in that the query relies on a user defined datafield being defined by the name it had when you first created the query. Since queries rely on datafield definitions, if you decide to change the name of the datafield at a later date, it changes the definition of the datafield. The attribute query is not updated automatically. It cannot intelligently determine if the change to the name of the datafield was accompanied by other changes that could introduce an incompatibility with the query definition. As such, you must remove the datafield from the query and add it back again under the new name for any such changes to take effect, or the query will thow an error due to the lack of a matching datafield name in NCM.

3 Posts

August 21st, 2013 03:00

Thank you very much for that response. I've checked after logging out and in and the items are now available.

However, i can't see them in Ionix Reporter. Is there a way to make these visible in Reporter?

No Events found!