Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 10th, 2012 15:00

New install: ECC server service failed to start

Hi,

I have a windows 2008 R2 server.

I have started the installation 6.1, but the installation hangs on ECC server service starts.

I have manually tried to stard the servie, it starts and stops. I receive the following error:

4098 The EMC ControlCenter service failed to start.

4096 Failed to invoke service start function.

4096 Could not call the service methode

5      The EMC ControlCenter service has been started.

Regards.

472 Posts

October 11th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

Windows 2008 R2 operating systems are not supported for a ControlCenter infrastructure installation because it uses a different set of binaries in the Kernel code - these binaries are not compatible with ControlCenter. 

For this reason; Windows 2008 R2 is not going to be supported for the ControlCenter Infrastructure components (Server, Repository, Store, StorageScope and WebConsole).  However, agents are supported on Windows 2008 R2. You can refer to the latest Support Matrix on Powerlink or support.emc.com for more information.

The error message that you have seen is expected behaviour on a R2 host - it is something that I have seen in a lab environment too.

Regards,

Séamus Coffey

EMC Customer Support Services (CSS)

6 Posts

October 11th, 2012 01:00

Thank you for the answer.

October 11th, 2012 02:00

Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ E-I ~ Documentation > Ionix Family > Ionix for Storage Resource Management > Ionix ControlCenter > 6.1.x & Service Packs

Where can I find the supported operating systems for 'Ionix ControlCenter Server' in the Support Matrix 6.1.

Thanks.

Hi in the Planning and Installation Guide Volume 1 P/N 300-006-362 REV 39, the yreffer several times to windows 2008. Even with clustering. P308 Understand MSCS cluster support for ControlCenter

472 Posts

Hi,

Please see pages 'Infrastructure support' on pages 87-90 of the Support Matrix.

Regards,

Seamus

472 Posts

Hi,

Please reference the Support Matrix for exact operating systems that are supported - the Planning & Installation Guide will not always specify the exact OS build/Service Pack etc.  The Support Matrix is the only document that should be referenced in this instance.

Regards,

Séamus Coffey

EMC Customer Support Services (CSS)

6 Posts

October 11th, 2012 05:00

Hi Seamus, thank you for your reply.

I had read that section, but I think that I don't know what to look for.

I look into column 'Software supported on the infrastructure host' and was looking for 'ControlCenter Server'.

What should I look for.

472 Posts

October 11th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

'Software supported on the infrastructure host' means other software excluding ControlCenter that is supported on the host in question.  You won't see ControlCenter listed in that column - the term 'infrastructure host' implies a host that has the main ControlCenter components installed e.g. respository, Server, Store etc.

Regards,

Seamus

No Events found!