Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 30th, 2012 11:00

Question about Using ECC 6.1 with VMAX for Masking without SMC

Hello
I have the following Questions regarding ECC 6.1
Checking the Installation Guide : 1) for Enginuity 5875 for VMAX , the minimum required Version is 6.1.9 ( UB 9 ) , right ?
2) How can I use the ECC ( witout Running the SMC from ECC gui to do Masking and Zoning ) as done before on DMX4 ? is that Possible ? how ?
as I read

" The Ionix ControlCenter Console (UB9 or later) provides tolerance-only support for Enginuity 5875 on Symmetrix VMAX series.
Active management of VMAX systems at Enginuity 5875 and above must be done through integrated launch of Symmetrix
Management Console (SMC). StorageScope and Performance Manager are fully functional. "
Or is there any other way to do so ??

3) Any other Softwares can make that ?
4) What is the minimum Physical Memory ( Available ) RAM needed for ECC with the Webconsole for windows ?
Kindly Advise
Thanks and Regards

472 Posts

April 30th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

1) Correct - Only UB9 and above support the discovery of VMAX/5875 arrays.

2) You have to use SMC in order to carry out configuration/masking changes etc on VMAX arrays.  These type of operations are not possible via ControlCenter (i.e. tolerance-only support as per the Support Matrix statement). 

3) Solutions Enabler SYMCLI can also be used to manage VMAX arrays.

4) The minimum recommended memory for the Web Console on Windows is 128 MB; minimum CPU speed is 500 MHZ.  Please see the EMC Ionix ControlCenter 6.1 Performance and Scalability Guidelines document on Powerlink for more details.

Regards,

Seamus Coffey

EMC Customer Support Services (CSS)

72 Posts

May 2nd, 2012 03:00

Thanks Seamus

So no way that I can use ECC anymore for Zoning without the SMC Launching , right ?

472 Posts

May 2nd, 2012 04:00

Correct - masking for VMAX arrays only via SMC and Solutions Enabler.

72 Posts

yes ok but for Masking

SMC is a must , right ?

472 Posts

Hi,

The zoning wizard is initiated from the SAN fabric level within ControlCenter - not at the array level.

Regards,

Seamus

No Events found!