Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2014 07:00

SRM API for remote client

Hi,

Is there any API available for remote client to pull out SAN data from SRM 3.5? I read some articles mentioning web services or REST but not able to find out any detailed documentation or sample. Thx

14 Posts

September 25th, 2014 12:00

There is a document included with the product named APG-Web-Service-Tutorial.pdf   It describes the SOAP API available on the platform.  It has details on how to reproduce reports and get raw metric data. 

To use raw metrics, will need to understand the metric and property values for the data you wish to obtain.  The easiest way to do this is to review the reports in edit mode for the data you want to pull.

Regards,

Fred Crable

3 Posts

September 25th, 2014 13:00

Hi Fredrick,

Thx.  But where can I get the document? I can't find it over the internet or EMC web site.

14 Posts

Hi Jack,

You can find the info in APG-Web-Service-Tutorial.pdf in the Doc folder of an SRM install

I was able to locate the file on my unix system in this folder:

/opt/APG/Web-Applications/APG-Web-Service/APG-WS/doc/APG-Web-Service-Tutorial.pdf

28 Posts

Jack,

Also if you click on "Administration" at the top right of the screen when you login.  Then "Physical View" from "Centralized Management" in the middle of the screen.  Then the name of the front end server in the left hand pane.  Then  "SolutionPacks & Modules" tab in the center of the screen.  Then "APG-Web-Service".  The document you are looking for will be close to the center of the screen under documentation.  The application is setup similiarly for other modules.  Also there is occasionally documentation PDFs in the upper right hand corner of the sceen when you navigating through menus.  Best of luck.

3 Posts

September 26th, 2014 07:00

Hi T-bobk, Fredrick,

Thanks a lot for your help!

November 17th, 2014 07:00

the fredc answer is the best ! Try the "postman" extension for Chrome and You will very satisfied. For example, you can simply write "http://hostname:58080/APG-WS/wsapi/db?wsdl " : in this way you can find the object to get ...

bye

No Events found!