Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2013 11:00

StorageScope Reporting - Report or query to give me what is available for use

I am having a heck of a time trying to get a report that tells me what i have left in my VMAX that i can mask to a host.

I have tried query builder but i am not getting what i want.

Out VMAX has about 14 Disk_groups. most of these disk groups have devices pre-carved out, ie, unmapped devices already created. Some of the disk groups have a little free space left, but not enough to create any new devices.

so i want to know how i can get a pretty little report that shows me the devices that are masked to hosts, their total, the devices that are available to be put into a storage group (Ie unmasked devices) and their total.

I want it to include standard FBA devices, data devices if any, actual storage not thin devices or anything like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Intern

• 

467 Posts

May 14th, 2013 12:00

Or that!

A symcli script would be simple...especially with perl.. check out my blog http://blog.virtualstoragezone.com for an example of meta reporting... could easily be expanded..

okey dokey,  or i can just add up the devs that are not masked and in storage groups.... lol...

2 Intern

• 

467 Posts

In my experience,  StorageScope is not that great with these types of things...  You have three options that I can think of.  1) Write your own Custom report 2) Pay EMC/Someone to write said report 3) Perl script or something else similar using symcli

2 Intern

• 

467 Posts

I don't have StorageScope installed anymore,  but in ControlCenter can't you just expand Storage -> VMAX -> Unmapped Devices?

Then drag them to properties and add them up?

Unmapped may show me what i want, but i need that in a report form. there is also a chance that there are still mapped but not masked devices which will skew the results too...

No Events found!