Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

May 12th, 2020 13:00

Cannot Delete Devices - Devices Changed IP to new VLAN

I moved a few devices over to another VLAN because I could not edit the ones built.  No problem in creating new ones and all is ok with those but I cannot delete the other devices with the old IP's.  When I choose the device, the Delete option is greyed out.  I can't even disable the monitoring; also greyed out.  I saw other posts on this back in 2018 but didn't see any resolution.  I'm running v2.0.50.32 on a 2016 server.  Thank you.

July 2nd, 2020 07:00

Bumping this.

I'm having the same/similar issue.

We use SupportAssist Enterprise, which reads devices from OME.  

After server was moved to another location, due to office moving, server was re-ip'd and DNS was updated, and is seen correctly in OME, correct IP is reflected.  However, SupportAssist Enterprise, said the device is inaccessible.  Could not delete device from SupportAssist, option is greyed out (likely because it's read from OME).  

Removed device from OME, re-ran manual sync from SupportAssist.  Device still shows in SupportAssist, instead of being removed, and shows failed.  Re-added back to OME.  Re-ran another manual sync from SupportAssist.  In SupportAssist Server/iDRAC still reflect old IP address and any attempts to validate inventory from SupportAssist will show as 'failed', still trying to reach out to old IP.  

July 8th, 2020 09:00

Worked with support, the only way to rectify the situation was to start over by uninstalling / re-installing.  I was told there was 'corruption' in the Support Assist Database and this was the only way correct my issue.

No Events found!