Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

6 Posts

October 10th, 2020 13:00

Automatic update of SA caused system to crash

My Inspiron 3268 crashed displaying a blue screen saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". The error said "Page fault in non-paged area". (This is the same thing that happened about a month ago when I tried to uninstall and reinstall SupportAssist because it was not working.) After the PC restarted I noticed that a new version of SupportAssist (3.7.0.148) had just been installed. The system had been idle (no apps running) at the time of the crash. Now when I run SupportAssist it no longer offers the option to check for updates. The only option offered is the Hardware Scan.

My problems began a couple months ago when SupportAssist (3.6.0.97), SupportAssist Remediation (5.1.3.11985) and Dell Update (3.1.3) were all automatically installed on the same day. Driver updates in SupportAssist were all failing, so I've been using Dell Update instead. (I had to do a "repair" of Dell Update to get that to work.)

How can I fix this problem? Is there a way to uninstall SupportAssist when the normal method crashes the system and doesn't work?

No Responses!
No Events found!