Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

3 Posts

February 28th, 2020 16:00

Dell G7 17-7790, remove SupportAssist EFI Feature

Every second reboot my Dell G7 7790 (G7 i9-9880H) is stuck with this Dell SupportAssist "feature" which starts to test devices components and by the end of that process makes an incredibly loud and ugly alarm sound that can give you a heart failure or wake up everybody in the night, but what is worse of all - it interrupts boot sequence waiting for user to press the button! I lost my workstation several times while rebooting remotely, had to come home to press the button. Is there any way to turn this Dell SupportAssist off for good?

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

February 28th, 2020 16:00

You can uninstall Dell SA. Directions are here. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

3 Posts

March 1st, 2020 01:00

I never installed any of Dells software in the first place. This Software Assist thing is loading straight from BIOS and loads before Windows starts.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 1st, 2020 06:00

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the computer......

Dell Support Assist application usually already is installed on new Dell computers.You have read the instructions to uninstall the application in the link above? If no, type Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, select Uninstall A Program under the headings "Programs". 

Keep in mind, you could schedule automatic scans and optimizations. Just select the time, frequency, and day, when you want Support Assist to scan your system for driver updates, hardware issues, and  the required optimizations. Type Support Assist onto search box...... 

1. On the top-right corner of the Support Assist user interface, click the settings icon, click Settings, and then click Schedule scans and optimizations. 

2. Enable automatic system scans and optimizations. 

3. Select the time, frequency, and day when you want to run the scan. The date of the next scheduled scan is displayed. 

4. Click Save. The Home page is displayed

3 Posts

March 11th, 2020 12:00

I triple checked - there is no SupportAssist software installed, but the matter still there. It was still there when only Ubuntu was installed.

Also i am more than sure it is built into EFI\BIOS SupportAssist feature, not OS software.

Now, i have another boot blocking issue with this SupportAssist - it says that my fan failed to respond correctly.

Guys, who are making this EFI for G7, please make an option to turn it off completely, it totally kills my experience

No Events found!