Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2018 04:00

Dell SupportAssist 2.0.6875.402 & 2.2.2.7 > Cannot Register

Hi,

I have just acquired Dell Inspiron 5767 with Windows 10 installed and updated to the latest version (I have checked for updates and there are no more).

Upon first use, I was able to get Dell SupportAssist to run a scan, which it completed, but after that if I click on the "register" or "go to system optimization" buttons there is no response. I can shut down and restart the program or the laptop and SupportAssist will open, but I am still unable to register or run the optimisation. 

I tried pasting the log file from C:\ProgramData\SupportAssist\Client\Agent\logs\ApplicationLogs, but it had too many characters and would not fit in this message. Is there another way I can send this to you?

Cheers,

TE

July 12th, 2018 15:00

Hi @revelli,

Thank you for your email and assistance.

Before your response, I managed to get the registration to work by running SupportAssist from the icon pinned to the taskbar, rather than the desktop shortcut. For some reason, the layout of the home screen of the program looked different with a list of options across the middle of the screen when run from the taskbar. When I ran it again from the desktop, it still appeared as before with a list of options in a column on the left, but the registration had been completed and optimization options were available.

I have subsequently updated to 2.2.3.2 and now the screen that is loaded looks the same as the taskbar version with the options all across the middle.

In short, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I will let you know if it returns.

Cheers,

TE

3 Apprentice

• 

43 Posts

July 12th, 2018 15:00

Hi @The Enforcer

Please review <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

and ensure Internet Explorer 10+ version and .net framework 4.5+ are installed on the system. SupportAssist had launched an update version 2.2.3.2 yesterday. Please update it to latest then try again after ensuring minimum requirements are met.

Please navigate to SupportAssist > Get Support tab > click on "upload log file" link. It will send application logs to us for investigation.  Please share screenshots and other required files using  "Send files to Tech support" link on "Get Support" tab on SupportAssist. 

Thanks,

Dell - Kumar 

#iwork4dell

No Events found!