Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 13th, 2018 17:00

New Inspirion; SupportAssist UI freezes, worked once before.

Tried using SupportAssist a second time, error message states the obvious: SupportAssistUI freezes.

Attempted to download S.A. for a reinstalled, but disallowed saying latest version already installed.

6 Posts

June 17th, 2018 09:00

Mine started freezing on launch. Went to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png and deleted -Small. Should look like New-Dell-Logo-White.png. 

Working now.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 14th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

How long have you been having this issue?  Has there been any recent software changes like installing a new application, game or Windows update?

What is the version of Windows installed? Is it 1803?

What is the version of Support Assist that you are trying to install?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

9 Posts

June 15th, 2018 05:00

How long have you been having this issue? Day of post

Has there been any recent software changes like installing a new application, game or Windows update?

Installed ABD Android

What is the version of Windows installed? Is it 1803?

Latest update for Win10 Home

What is the version of Support Assist that you are trying to install?

Unable to determine, except when I attempt to install from download, it refuses to install stating I already have current version.

1 Message

June 15th, 2018 05:00

Same here with my Alienware 17R4. It freezes when I open it.

Worked just fine last week.

1 Message

June 15th, 2018 08:00

As in the other postings recently, my Support Assist UI worked and refuses to work now. 

1 Message

June 17th, 2018 07:00

Have the same issue. Support Assist won't run anymore. Support Assist UI freezes upon opening it.

I checked when it was last modified, and it says June 05, 2018.

So whatever update was pushed seems to be not working.

I got an Inspirion 15, 5000 series, less than 1 year old, and run Winidows 10

June 17th, 2018 14:00

I have a Dell desktop a few years old but the SupportAssist has been launching automatically for some days now and freezing 2 times. Have to close the annoying frozen pages multiple times a day. I am thinking that maybe something happened with the latest Windows Update in June but can't say that I know this to be true. Was hoping to find out on this thread that this was the case so it can be dealt with.

2 Posts

June 17th, 2018 20:00

This worked for me. Thanks.

June 20th, 2018 14:00

Changing the name of the image file worked.Thanks.

1 Message

June 20th, 2018 14:00

Thanks, deleting small worked. 

5 Posts

June 21st, 2018 20:00

logo image rename worked for me as well.. nice! Can't imagine how you located that error but I am sure glad you did! :D

5 Posts

June 21st, 2018 20:00

logo image rename worked for me as well.. nice! Can't imagine how you located that error but I am sure glad you did!

1 Message

June 21st, 2018 22:00

I am having the same issue and have not found a solution

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 14:00

This worked, thanks.  Deinstalling and reinstalling on my laptop worked before I found this for my desktop.

2 Posts

June 26th, 2018 04:00

did not fix mine   (8-(

No Events found!