Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

5 Posts

June 17th, 2019 12:00

SA OS Recovery says "Unable to locate all system content to download.

I´m having this trouble with Support Assist: it says "Unable to locate all system content to download when i try to restore the system.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 18th, 2019 07:00

Click the link below for steps with Windows OS Recovery.

For my notes, Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

5 Posts

June 19th, 2019 02:00

I'm having the exact same problem and it just doesn't work, it gets to 1% and fails.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 19th, 2019 04:00

MattB87,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number. If your system is out of warranty click the link below.

https://dell.to/2N0beWY

1 Message

June 21st, 2019 17:00

Same here, doesn't go further then 1%

Brand new Alienware m15...

1 Message

June 22nd, 2019 13:00

I have the same issue on my A17 R5 , spent about  2 hrs repeating recreating the Dell OS Recovery , re-trying the reimaging of my A17 and l always get the same error message.

I use a wired ethernet connection which was tested and is fully functional - and tested also by the System Recovery dell usb application.

Just got off a dell support remote session, [Case # 28813753] usb was recreated-same message. Maybe the cloud restore option isnt syncing with the cloud or something?

1 Message

June 23rd, 2019 12:00

I have the same issue on my Inspiron 5468. I need reinstall after hd crash. Please help! Edit: even after update bios.

1 Message

June 27th, 2019 03:00

you have to disable the secure boot option then it will work. I was also facing the issue but with the help of DFC Admin(moderator) it was resolved

July 19th, 2019 07:00

I have been trying to do an OS revovery these last 2 days or so. I have disabled the secure boot option and it still stalls at 1%. What baffles me is that when you create the recovery USB all content needed for the restore appears to be installed on the USB. The restore page displays it is a "cloud restore" that downloads content when I thought it was on the USB. The whole process requires an internet connection which suggests the USB is only there to boot from and nothing else.

As well as disabling the secure boot was there anything else you had to do?

No Events found!