Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

September 15th, 2021 03:00

Support assist not installing

I am running on the Dell Inspiron 5510(2021) i7 variant, recently I get a notification from support assist app saying theres an update, while i let it update, it says that your pc ran into a problem and needs a restart.. while i have researched and have gone through the "Dell Support" youtube video.. tried all the ways from the website and the youtube aswell and even tried disabling the anti virus and the fast boot but still i get the same error saying "your pc has ran into a problem and needs restart"...

please find me a solution!

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

September 16th, 2021 08:00

Follow this guide from start to end and do not leave a single step. 

1 Use Microsoft's Installer : 

This step is crucial as Microsoft's uninstaller disables the services as well. Choose SupportAssist and uninstall, Uninstall Dell updates by running the the uninstaller again. If Support Assist doesn't show in List ignore this step. 

Reboot (important) 

1. Delete following folders and ignore the once which are already deleted. 

C:/ Program Data/ PCDR 

C:/ Program Data/Supportassist 

C:/ Program Data/Dell/Dell data volt 

C:/ Program Files/ Dell/Supportassist 

C:/ Program Files/ Dell/ Dell data Volt 

C:/ windows/Temp (everything inside the folder 

Remove these Registries 

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services key.

Delete Dell hardware service, Delete Dell client management service, Delete Dell updates. 

Open device manager > system devices : you will see 2 Dell data volt devices, please uninstall the second one (bottom one) . 

Reboot 

install SupportAssist 

September 16th, 2021 09:00

XPS_Man, it worked!

Thank you so much! This morning I was on call with the tech support for 1 hour but they couldn't solve and said that my pc had corrupted and says me to reinstall windows.. It ain't even been 1 month since purchased. Good that I didn't do it yet, your steps worked.

Thanks again

No Events found!