neilpatharis
2 Bronze

SupportAssist and DellSupportAssit not working

After last update for supportassist its still no working , please fix it 

25 Replies
Alienware-Eimy

Re: SupportAssist and DellSupportAssit not working

Hi @neilpatharis,

Exactly what does not work? Last update made lots of changes (many features are no longer available).

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
neilpatharis
2 Bronze

Hello when I select the supportassist application, it opens ok but I can not do anything it loading infinite , I can only close application i tryed to instal again and not fixed i called support assist and the girls said me gonna be fix soon 

neilpatharis
2 Bronze

SupportDell.PNG

towncreek
2 Bronze

Exactly what I'm getting on my XPS 8920!

jonboy330
2 Bronze

Exactly same problem here on my two Inspiron 7775 AIO's after latest Win 10 update.

I followed Dell's recommendation and uninstalled supportassist on one of them and when i attempted to install latest version I get an alert window that install cannot be carried out due supportassist already installed. I used CCleaner to ensure all registry left overs were removed but same outcome.

Where to now?

I notice that Dell reps on this forum have obviously gone into hiding on this topic due complete lack of any helpful responses........

Would love to hear a targeted response from Dell, instead of leaving customers in the dark and confused....

0 Kudos
neilpatharis
2 Bronze

can you help me please

0 Kudos
brecojay
2 Bronze

nothing works

0 Kudos
DELL-Nikhil K

Sincerely Apologies for issue related to Dell SupportAssist application.

There are some known issue on SupportAssist related to Windows 10 Operating System and we are working with Microsoft team on this.

I appreciate your co-operation with DELL refer below scenarios and workaround.

Scenario 1 : SupportAssist is not getting installed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request you to check your Operating System version by run "WINVER" on command prompt and in case your OS version is WIN 10 version 1803 (OS build 17134.234) then SupportAssist will not get installed due to Microsoft drivers. it will get fixed with upcoming build or SA & Windows.

Scenario 2 : SupportAssist not getting launch or load properly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request you to check your Operating System version by run "WINVER" on command prompt and in case your OS version is WIN 10 OS build 16299 or above then SupportAssist will not get launch properly due to Microsoft drivers but you can refer below workaround in this case.

Workaround Solution : open command prompt as Administrator on the box. Navigate to appropriate SupportAssist path in bin folder eg : C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin and run “SupportAssistUI.exe Launch” to open the UI.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

0 Kudos
robert p
7 Gold

Hi neilpatharis,

Thanks for your post.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here are some steps that need to be performed:

• Do a complete removal of support assist(all SA programs in change/uninstall programs need to be removed)
  • Use a 3rd party uninstaller tool to clean the system of SA
  • Install the latest version of SA from the Dell Support Site
  • If it fails, then please perform a PC refresh/reset, and or a full Operating System Re-Install

A new version of SupportAssist will be launched on June 4, 2018, if you can wait.

0 Kudos