Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 18th, 2018 05:00

SupportAssistUI Stopped Working

I have a couple of Dell Precision M6600s on which I continually receive the notice that supportassistui has stopped working. Both machines run Windows 7 64 bit. I've tried googling and searching this forum but don't find how to fix this problem. Please can I get some help on what to do?

2 Posts

June 19th, 2018 12:00

Mine stopped working and nothing helped. I did as advised. I uninstalled Support Assist. Before reinstalling I used  CCleaner which is free and safe to use. I cleaned out the registry that had some files left after uninstalling . I reinstalled and it works like it did before.

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

October 14th, 2018 22:00

Hi mjphelan,

We have already one solution for those customers who have 'N' number of systems. We called that SupportAssist PCs & Tablets for Business Users.

Through this program you can create deployment package on your IT administrator system and you can deploy it on your other systems but it will best work for you if you can server-client infrastructure.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

• 

16.7K Posts

June 18th, 2018 05:00

MSrsPrcsnLvr,

Uninstall the program and reinstall it back into your computer. Click the link below to download. Also, watch the Dell Support Assist YouTube Videos from the link below.

SupportAssist for PCs Release Notes

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and tablets

Support Assist YouTube Videos

1 Message

June 18th, 2018 09:00

Uninstall and reinstall really should no longer be required.  I this a hard drive issue that the installion is being corrupted? 

Have two PC now with exactly the same issue after the last restart.  

can you tell me why after uninstalling I should be bothered with reinstalling?  

If I buy windows from Microsoft for a dell computer that has no OS it doesn't need support assist so do I need it?

In an unmanaged Small Business environment, uninstalling and reinstalling software is not acceptable.  surely there is a better answer.

2 Posts

June 19th, 2018 12:00

I have Windows 7 Pro  and had the same problem. Follow the instructions I just posted and you will be able to use it again right away.

1 Message

June 20th, 2018 16:00

Same issue here.  It says I have new drivers, but Support Assist is grayed out and 'loading.'

1 Message

June 21st, 2018 17:00

I have the same problem, but cannot uninstall the program. I get error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I am running in my admin account. Not sure what to do.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 03:00

When I look in Apps (Windows 10) I see Dell Support Assist twice.  One of 2.90mb and one of 123mb, also Dell Support Remediate and Support Assist Update Plugin.  Do I delete all these?

July 21st, 2018 12:00

When I try to open  SupportAssist,  I get a message that says SupportAssistUI has stopped working.

When I use Dell Updates to check for updates, it says there are none. 

When I try to run the online troubleshooting, it says that I need SupportAssist, and asks me to download it. When I try to do this, after a few minutes, it says that it can't because it's already installed.

When I try to uninstall SupportAssist in order to property reinstall it, I get an error message that says Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run.

I've Googled all these issues, and clearly I'm not the only one with this problem.

1 Message

September 4th, 2018 05:00

Exactly the same problem here.  Can't uninstall.  Same error message.  What's the fix Dell?

1 Message

October 13th, 2018 14:00

Firstly, this fix doesn't work...

Secondly, even if it did, how do you expect me to perform this fix on over 3k systems in my organisation?

Making Support assist a Store (modern) app was probably the single biggest mistake dell have made in a while...

1 Message

December 13th, 2019 11:00

I have experienced the same problem with Dell Support assist stopped working after the icon is clicked. What is the correct procedure to fix this problem? 

No Events found!