Start a Conversation

Unsolved

September 7th, 2023 07:34

I get error 1721 message. A program required for this install to complete could not be run.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2018 17:00

You might want to re-post this in the SupportAssist forum, and be sure to mention the exact PC model and version of Windows.

21 Posts

June 23rd, 2018 16:00

My SA was giving me problems [unusable] and wouldnt uninstall either. I just got it uninstalled , My pc is a older 8300 and I went into c: program files and had to delete each peice one at a time it wouldnt let me do any other way empty recycle bin after each one and then go to control panel and uninstall same their and it will denote successful uninstall

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2018 19:00

You could always try using the free version of Revo Unistaller.

1 Message

July 5th, 2018 21:00

perfect! the free version of Revo Uninstall found all the hidden files and got rid of them from my system. I can't understand why they have it if it slows the system and acts like a virus :(

November 2nd, 2018 09:00

RoHe,

Thank you SO Much! Revo did uninstall Dell Support Assist. I wasn't sure it was uninstalling at first, because I still received this pop up during the installation:Capture.JPG

However, I clicked "OK," then Revo prompted me to "Scan," which I did. I deleted all the hidden files found. And I deleted another round of files (I can't remember what the prompt was to start that, but it was automatic). 

Thank you again!

December 10th, 2018 16:00

This worked. 

Download an utility (free) from Microsoft. 

Microsoft Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

I didn't find this.  Forgot where I found a post about not able to uninstall certain programs from the system.   It worked for me.  

Just download it, run it, it will ask you if you were having trouble installing or uninstalling.  After you choose uninstall, it will do a scan of all the programs, then as you which one do you want to uninstall.  Take a couple of minutes.

No Events found!