Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 19th, 2018 23:00

Dell Support Assist Not Working and Unable to Uninstall

Dell Support Assist has not been working on my computer for the past month. I currently have no icon or way to open the program however it is still on my computer. When I try to go the  "reinstall" route it states the update failed because Support Assist is already at the latest version. When I try to uninstall the program I receive this Error 1721 code ( using OG uninstall) and also told I do not have permissions to delete it (using windows 10 App uninstall). How can I fix any of these problems. The Support Assist File is also full of empty folders 
Dell Support Assist.PNG

July 20th, 2018 00:00

same here bro support assist not working for me it dosent open the app when i click it.. cant uninstall it also error 1721 when im trying to uninstalling it..

1 Message

July 20th, 2018 10:00

Same problem here.  Try this: download the windows fix tool through:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Run and follow the steps to uninstall the support assist.  Then download the latest version.  Works for me.

2 Posts

July 20th, 2018 11:00

Well it officially uninstalled but still is working now that it is installed just opens up quickly and then closes 

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

July 4th, 2024 05:02

I managed to get a fix to uninstall the Agent. I had version 3.0.0.34.  You need to stop the Dell Support Assist Remediation services first before you can remove the old agent.

No Events found!