Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

61 Posts

February 10th, 2019 04:00

How to launch Dell supportassist program

I have Dell supportassist installed but I never used it. Today though I started my PC and it automatically launched and told me I have drivers available for update and I opened Chrome to google some of the drivers to see if I need them and once I minimized the browser Supportassist app was gone. Now I can't find how to launch it, it doesn't show up in windows search, I found the installation folder but there isn't icon to launch it either, so what's the deal with this program ?

61 Posts

February 10th, 2019 07:00

Have you tried downloading and installing it from the dell support website?

61 Posts

February 10th, 2019 13:00

It's in your start menu. If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

61 Posts

February 10th, 2019 13:00

But I already have it installed, I can see it in "Uninstall a program" in control panel. Just don't know how to launch it.

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

February 10th, 2019 21:00

Had that happen to me  Uninstalled like Motordonkey said and reinstalled. Worked! 

11 Posts

November 6th, 2019 14:00

It no longer shows up in the Windows start menu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still nada. Very mysterious.

11 Posts

November 6th, 2019 14:00

I have run it before, but for some reason I have now having the same issue. it's installed, I just can't get it to run. I'll have to say SupportAssist is a problem in itself. It was the source of page faults that were causing my system to crash. Now it won't run.

December 30th, 2019 16:00

In Windows 10, click on the search icon next to the Start Menu button, then search for SupportAssist.  From there you can run it and/or right-click on it and choose "Pin to Start".

No Events found!