Penotia
1 Copper

Re: Dell Support Assist won't work

Hi - I find in C: drive "Program Files and Program Files (x86) - not seeing Program Data; any help is appreciated.  Thanks!  Penny in Alaska

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Passionflower
1 Copper

I am so so so aggravated with Support Assist... did a clean install day before yesterday. went to dell.com downloaded Support Assist and then I started getting this pop up screen telling me that I had 2 issues  1.  my battery was not being detected  2. My BIOS needed to be updated.  And it did absolutely nothing.  It actually acted like malware or a virus and it continued to pop up and would not respond.  So today I did another factory reset and for the life of me, why do I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD SUPPORT ASSIST??? I really have better things to do with my time than deal with this stuff because Dell can't get their stuff together... I am so over this...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Mike_24734
1 Copper

My experience this time was that SupportAssist wouldn't start.  Restarting the PC didn't help.  But then I went to check on uninstalling it and found that there were 4 (FOUR) copies of Dell's SupportAssist installed on my Win10 laptop.  That is, there were 4 different versions of SA installed. Why don't they automatically uninstall the previous version when they install the next? 

So I uninstalled two of the older versions from Programs and Features and the second of those uninstalled 2 of the entries in Programs and Features. Left with only one copy installed (the most recent version number of the original 4), SupportAssist then started and performed as expected. 

0 Kudos
Rworld98
1 Copper

Wish I would have seen this thread before buying a Dell! Same problems. No solution. My computer is barely running and it’s less than 6 months old:(

0 Kudos
Sam1267
1 Copper

Even after I uninstalled and installed a new one the same problem just run once and I can’t find it any more 

0 Kudos

Hi Sam1267, Can you explain your issue in brief related to SupportAssist then only i can able to provide you some steps to resolve your issue. Thanks DELL-Nikhil K Social Media and Community Professional #iwork4Dell
0 Kudos
Quang Pham
1 Copper

Jess,

I followed your instruction but it's still not able to work on my machine Dell Inspiron 7577 except "Get Drivers & Downloads". It's stuck in Blue Death Screen continuously, I need to fix this issue by SupportAssist.

Thanks,

Quang

0 Kudos
Jadrel
1 Copper

Hi. I also got my Dell G3 i5 Last December but its performance is so slow... i'm always having stuck or hang in just shifting or opening tabs. also this supportassist always checks for updates. not even loading. kindly help
0 Kudos
KCLau
1 Copper

I have a similar problem. I will not run after an update.SupportAssist_Launch.jpg

0 Kudos
ThomasAAT
2 Iron

Try this:

1. uninstall dell supportassist (both windows store version and dell version)
  2. restart computer and download supportassist from here: supportassist
  3. run and install the program
  4. restart windows
  5. Windows store will automatically install the store version.
  6. Open supportassist
0 Kudos