Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 14th, 2018 23:00

SA, Inspiron 7577, won't work

Hello everyone... I hope someone can help!

I've been using my Dell inspiron 7577 no major problems. But lately I haven't been able to use the SupportAssist from dell. When I try to optimize... any of the options won't respond... It always says it's preparing at 0% and it won't run... Waiting for a long time and it doesn't move from 0%. I have tried Restarting, reinstalling the program, but nothing does the trick. I have also tried a compability mode at Windows 7...

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 22:00

Hi Sam1267, Can you explain your issue in brief related to SupportAssist then only i can able to provide you some steps to resolve your issue. Thanks DELL-Nikhil K Social Media and Community Professional #iwork4Dell

1 Message

November 8th, 2018 02:00

Jess,

I followed your instruction but it's still not able to work on my machine Dell Inspiron 7577 except "Get Drivers & Downloads". It's stuck in Blue Death Screen continuously, I need to fix this issue by SupportAssist.

Thanks,

Quang

2 Posts

January 4th, 2019 22:00

Hi. I also got my Dell G3 i5 Last December but its performance is so slow... i'm always having stuck or hang in just shifting or opening tabs. also this supportassist always checks for updates. not even loading. kindly help

3 Posts

January 21st, 2019 20:00

I have a similar problem. I will not run after an update.SupportAssist_Launch.jpg

2 Posts

February 8th, 2019 14:00

Support Assistance does not run properly it stops and the error message says  "an unexpected error has occurred". The last sucessful run was on January 2nd.

2 Posts

February 8th, 2019 15:00

Same with my laptop, Support Assistant quit sometime after January 2nd and all I get is an error message stating it ran into an unexpected error. I get a message every day to optimize the PC but when it runs I get the error message.

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

February 28th, 2019 09:00

Same here. I've not been able to run it since late 2018. Tried everything suggested in this thread. Uninstall, cleared out registry of stray entries just in case something there was causing issues. Re-installed. Still it does not work!

3 Posts

March 21st, 2019 14:00

Yeah, I as well have tried every "fix" listed in this thread with no success. If Dell cant create a simple fix to this at this point they are failing.

1 Message

April 1st, 2019 15:00

I just received a new G7 laptop from dell and support assist doesn't work from the factory. 

The clean install instructions are simply insane - why the f doesn't dell build all that into an installer?

2 Posts

April 16th, 2019 07:00

I have been looking into this issue as well for a while... gave up and then came back to it again. So I was able to get it working on my company laptops again by looking at a couple items. This won't be true for everyone obviously, but wanted it to go in the thread for future searchers to try. 1). Our machines are domain managed and have a local update server specified for updates, I disabled it in the local GPO because it was preventing me from downloading apps from the MS Store. 2). Even though I had the app installed via the link provided in a previous reply, I also searched for the SupportAssist app in the MS store and installed it via that location as well. These 2 items cleared up my issue and it is running again.

1 Message

April 18th, 2019 13:00

So, I'm using the same computer as the person who started this... thread, I'm going to call it. Whenever I try to start SupportAssist, it says "We ran into an unexpected issue with SupportAssist. Restart your PC and try again later." I can't update my computer and I haven't even had it for a year!!!

• 

25.1K Posts

April 22nd, 2019 05:00

Thank you for your message. How long have you been getting this error message?

Did this error start after any recent software or Windows update?

Use any uninstaller application & uninstall Support Assist & Support Assist remediation services,

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.     

How to locate the service tag

April 27th, 2019 05:00

I came upon this forum because my SA is doing the same exact thing, and seems to do that same exact thing almost every six-eight months.  I tried to run it this morning, no luck.  Trying uninstalling and reinstalling, and I keep getting an error message. I know my warranty has lapsed, but I purposely purchased a "1 year support assist out of warranty" that was supposed to help with problems like this.

Please, can someone tell me what the heck is going with this software? Thanks. 

P.S. Update

After probably 13 reinstalls, the 14th time it installed....

• 

3.2K Posts

April 29th, 2019 04:00

Hi,

Please remove SupportAssist and install it again.

The following steps can be used to uninstall the older build and do a complete clean-up of files from your laptop. From Step 3 onwards, if the mentioned folders are not present in your system, they can be assumed as already cleaned up.

• From Add/Remove Programs, uninstall “Dell SupportAssist”
  • From Add/Remove Programs, uninstall “SupportAssistAgent”, if you have very old SupportAssist version.
  • Open a Windows Explorer and traverse to below directories and delete the folders completely manually if any leftover files are present.
    1. C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist
    2. C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent
    3. C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDataVault
    4. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SupportAssistAgent

Note: Ignore (x86) in above path, if your system is running a 32-bit OS.

• From Start-> Run type %ProgramData% which will open a window with multiple folders. This is usually a hidden folder.
    1. Select “SupportAssistBusinessClient” folder and delete it.
    2. Select “SupportAssistAgent” folder and delete it, if you have very old SupportAssist version.
    3. Select “PCDr” folder and delete it.
  • From Start-> Run type %appdata% which will open a window with multiple folders. This is also a hidden folder usually.
    1. Select “PCDr” folder and delete it.
  • From Services console, ensure following services are NOT present.
    1. Dell SupportAssist
    2. Dell SupportAssist Agent
    3. Dell Data Vault
    4. Dell Data Vault Wizard
  • From Registry, ensure following keys are NOT present.
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DELL\SupportAssistBusinessClient
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dell\SupportAssist
    3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dell\SupportAssistAgent

Note:- Incase if your Laptop is running a 32-bit OS, ignore the “Wow6432Node” in the above path.

• Reboot your laptop once after clean up, before installing a new SupportAssist build.

regards Martin

No Events found!