Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

4 Posts

April 9th, 2019 08:00

SA, not updating or installing

Can anyone assist. Supportassist said there were updates which it would install. After 5 1/2 hours of saying it was downloading/installing it still said the same. Have tried deleting and reinstalling but it says it's already installed or it is downloading the files but never completes. It doesn't appear as an installed app anywhere I can see.

19 Posts

April 9th, 2019 15:00

very good day, relax .have the same luxury problem - fresh download of the support didn't bring anything, the following update doesn't work, or you let it go .but that only works by uninstalling and reinstalling but not updating afterwards....
....from minutes to hours. I'll contact customer support tomorrow. They'll even call me back... good luck to you!

4 Posts

April 10th, 2019 02:00

Thanks for that. I actually have this problem on both a desktop and laptop both running Windows 10. I managed to uninstall Supportassist on the laptop and reinstalled what it said was the latest version however this is 3.0.90 as opposed to 3.1.0 and the hardware scan fails. I can't uninstall on the desktop because Control Panel or settings doesn't show it installed. Interesting to hear what support have to say.

19 Posts

April 10th, 2019 05:00

ok howdy .i use for finding programs, uninstalling : glary utilities... https://www.glarysoft.com/ --- foolproof ---- install and click on the garbage can icon on the surface ....there you will surely find the support assist ....the customer support said that is a problem what many have, we should wait for the next dell update , then the problem should be solved - cause is unclear .... hahaha brilliant or what?best regards hucki

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

19 Posts

April 10th, 2019 06:00

ok howdy .alternative method: support assist uninstall at win 10 :click in the lower right corner of the monitor , all settings, apps , apps and features , scrolldown ( til sticky n.) to support assist click , click on advanced options , click and there you will find UNinstall ,  repair     and reset as well-  it seems not  possible  just  using   the   old  version   ,is it? ... .. best regards hucki

19 Posts

April 10th, 2019 06:00

ok howdy .alternative method: support assist uninstall at win 10 :click in the lower right corner of the monitor , all settings, apps , apps and features , scrolldown ( til sticky n.) to support assist click , click on advanced options , click and there you will find UNinstall ... promised ... best regards hucki

19 Posts

April 10th, 2019 08:00

and it works .... ? supp assist doing fine ?

4 Posts

Thanks. I had actually gone a different way to the same thing. I have settings in my taskbar. Click on that and select APPs and then proceed as you say. I have found supportassist this way where I didn't previously but perhaps I was looking for Dell Supportassist instead of supportassist.

19 Posts

i uninstalled  both  dell supp assist  and suppotassist   and  used the link above   for installing,  20 blue powershell windows popped up  , installation successful    but  updating  process  , a few  minutes   AGAIN  HAHAHA   

4 Posts

April 11th, 2019 07:00

I glad that you have managed to sort your PC out. Sadly it doesn't work for me either using the German or the English site. I still get the 5+ hours of doing nothing.

19 Posts

April 11th, 2019 10:00

thomas700
1 nickel
07-05-2018 07:19 PM
Subject: Supportassist does not start
Had these days on my desktop Vostro 3650 the same problem. Here only the complete deinstallation helped, delete the folder remains and also the registry and then Dell downloaded a new version. Since then it runs again..

i try  this  by using geek uninstaller 

19 Posts

hey i found this : Anton22 1 Copper ‎06-25-2018 08:09 PM Betreff: Supportassist startet nicht Ist die Lösung bei euch angekommen? Im Ordner C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources (auf deutsch C:\Programme\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources) das Bild New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png in New-Dell-Logo-White.png umbennnen. Also einfach das -Small weglöschen. Die Lösung ist von https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/XPS-8910-SupportAssist-new-version-bug/m-p/6095400/high... Translation Subject: Supportassist does not start Has the solution arrived with you? In the folder C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources (in English C:\Programs\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources) the picture New Dell Logo White Small.png in New Dell Logo-White.png rename it. So just erase the small. The solution is from https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/XPS-8910-SupportAssist-new-version-bug/m-p/6095400/high... Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

19 Posts

19 Posts

BINGO   !     uninstalled   the support assist  with  geek uninstaller-----     https://www.chip.de/downloads/GeekUninstaller_55855124.html    --------      be sure to delete  all   registry   entries    and  reinstall   suppassist again

19 Posts

oh no misunderstanding, with everything I tried I did not make it either! dell support meant :general ERROR , wait until the next update ....

No Events found!