Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 21st, 2018 10:00

SA, sets Netlogon service to manual

The Dell SupportAssistant > Optimize/Adjust Performance sets the Netlogon service to manual. Please don't! It causes trouble with domain joined computers. 

3 Posts

November 7th, 2018 05:00

I can't belive this is even happening? 

Is DELL serious? How did this go through testing phase?

Fix this ASAP, please! I was wondering what is happening to netlogon service on my users laptops but wasnt expecting this! 

3 Posts

November 14th, 2018 08:00

When will this issue be resolved?

December 8th, 2018 19:00

I have diligently avoided running Support Assist Optimize because it changes my settings from where I have deliberately put them. However, I find that some of those settings seem to periodically change on their own. Does Support Assist Optimize run on its own when you have turned off automated scans and, if so, how can I disable that?

December 13th, 2018 12:00

@AdsfromOz wrote:

" the workaround we've employed is to add this to the computer object of our default domain policy. " 

@AdsfromOz thank you for this fix!  Could you please list the registry key you add?  It's cut off in your picture.

1 Message

February 14th, 2019 11:00

First off this issue is absolutely insane and I cannot believe this has not already been resolved.  We use PDQ and this issue has plagued our workstations randomly for months and caused our helpdesk no end of trouble.

We will be removing SupportAssist from all our endpoints and only using Dell Command Update for the foreseable future for Dell drivers.

To fix all the netlogon services that have already been set to manual we deployed a GPO using group policy preferences to set the netlogon service to automatic and start the service if it not started.  This works quite well as it will immediately start the service the next time the workstation fetches group policy.

Here's a screencap for those less familiar with setting up group policy preferences:

2019-02-14 14_05_13-Window.png

3 Apprentice

• 

43 Posts

February 15th, 2019 10:00

@GPM-IT  This was fixed  (in November 2018) with SupportAssist Client for PCs and Tablets version 3.0.2 onwards.  Please ensure you have the latest and current SupportAssist Client version 3.1.0 

Thanks,

Dell - Kumar

Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

1 Message

February 22nd, 2019 09:00

This has not been fixed, currently on ver 3.1

This is very frustrating and unacceptable.

4 Posts

March 25th, 2019 07:00

I don't know whether 3.1 fixes this issue or not since I refuse to allow the SupportAssist program to run automatically. 

I would do so if I could restrict it to simply checking for driver updates and scanning the hardware.  I do not want it to clean, tune, optimize or do anything else that could cause problems with my laptop.

March 30th, 2019 19:00

I have the automatic running of Support Assist turned off as well, but it seems that it still runs anyway and causes this problem.

No Events found!