Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Q

33 Posts

March 5th, 2019 08:00

Support Assist Enterprise with OpenManage Enterprise

Hello forum, I have a few questions on the interactions between SAE and OMEnt and thought I'd drop by and see if anyone could help.

When we add servers through the OpenManage Enterprise adapter, are we able to quickly assign groups or is it a one at a time, manual add to the desired device group? Any tips on using the API to write a script to do this?

Are we able to limit access by device group? As it stands now, we are planning to implement SupportAssist across a few different teams. Each device group will have their own contact and dispatch info. Is there a way to set up SupportAssist so that a user only has access to the device group they manage?

• 

790 Posts

April 10th, 2019 05:00

Hi qdellforum,

I can give you an answer to your second question. Right now SupportAssist does not have such a granularity when it comes to rights.
So if you need this, you have to think of different SupportAssist instances for each group.

Regarding the OpenEnt adapter and the groups - no, the adapter will pull all the information from the OpenEnt at once - there is no option to decide where the single devices should be added. You may add them afterward manually into the desired groups.

When it comes to the API I have to regret this is not my topic :) but maybe someone else in the forum has an answer on this.

Cheers
Stefan

No Events found!