Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2017 10:00

SupportAssist Enterprise 1.1 and OME 2.3

Hi all,

We have recently updated our OME server and as part of that updated to the latest Support Assist, but in doing so had to add our servers in manually.

I tried to use the "set up adapter" options which worked ok for our powervaults as they added without any issue. But all of the servers however had an issue with being added.

After some investigation I found that the servers had been added as a device type iDrac but I checked the IP address that it was connecting with and that was the servers main IP address. Does anyone know how to get around this as the device option was greyed out on the server?

Many thanks

4 Operator

• 

39 Posts

October 12th, 2017 12:00

Hello Cminch,

The reported issue where a device is incorrectly classified as iDRAC has already been identified as a bug and is being addressed by the Engineering team.  The fix will be incorporated in the next release of SupportAssist.

As a work around, you can discover the device directly from SupportAssist, instead of going through the OME adapter.  

Thank You.

1 Message

October 20th, 2017 03:00

Hi Dave,

Is there any CLI’s for Dell Support Assist Enterprise 1.1. It becomes very difficult to manually work on SAE. We see many servers not under staging in SAE. We need to manually select each server and apply the credentials or troubleshoot further on it.

Please assist.

4 Operator

• 

39 Posts

October 20th, 2017 07:00

Hi Nikhil,

We currently do not have a CLI for SAE.  Are you using OME adapter or are the devices discovered directly from SAE?  If you are not using OME Adapter, then it is possible to perform a CSV file import so that way you don't have to manually enter all the configuration values in the UI.  The usage of CSV file is documented in the SAE User's Guide.

Thank You.

No Events found!