Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 5th, 2018 13:00

SupportAssist Not Responding at Launch

I have an XPS 15 9560 Signature Edition with an Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz, 16 GB of RAM, a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and a 500 GB SSD. I have been having issues with Dell SupportAssist for a few weeks now, since the latest update, and need help. When I launch the program, the window pops up and stays idle indefinitely, as if loading content. If I click on the window, a message appears and says that the program is not responding. I dug through some boards and found that some dell moderators or some such were recommending uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I followed the steps to the letter and was just left with a messed up registry and a program that does not work. I couldn't even reinstall the program, because it says I have the latest version, even though I deleted every file specified within the registry and the program files. After I kept trying I was just left with a blue screen and needed to use the last windows save point if I didn't want to lose all of my files and whatnot. I still have the same issue and have not been able to solve it at all. If anyone can offer help, it would be quite welcome.

PS. Dell should work on a program that verifies SupportAssist's file integrity, rather than making me go into the registry and potentially kill my expensive computer.

PPS. I also ended up using Reimage to fix everything in my registry, although nothing could be done about SupportAssist, I assume because it's considered a third party program. 

1 Message

June 7th, 2018 22:00

Same problem here. Alienware Aurora R7.

June 8th, 2018 09:00

Same issue here.  DSA not responding at startup, super annoying...

Edit: Uninstalled and reinstalled from Dell website, working now.

1 Message

June 9th, 2018 07:00

Same problem here.  I have an Alienware 17 laptop.

1 Message

June 9th, 2018 21:00

Same same, inspiron 15 7000 Gaming.

June 10th, 2018 08:00

I have the same issue. Window opens up saying SupportAssisy(Not Responding)

2 Posts

June 11th, 2018 06:00

*** THIS PROBLEM IS FIXED IN THE LINK BELOW ***

The following link will bring you to another post about this same issue. Please follow the instructions provided by jbilinski.

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/SupportAssist-Not-Working-Will-Not-Update-Tried-Uninstalling/td-p/5082575

2 Posts

June 12th, 2018 06:00

dell Inspiron 3688 - same

2 Posts

June 12th, 2018 07:00

Linked the fix. Please review my reply on June 11th

7 Posts

June 12th, 2018 08:00

Honestly, I just got so tired of this problem that I decided to simply save everything onto a zip file then USB flashdrive and gave the computer a factory data reset. It's a bit of a hassle and not something most people would do, but it solved the problem, the registry is back to normal, and all I have to do is reinstall everything on my computer. Took me a few hours to get everything back to the way it used to be, not accounting for games that took way longer to download. Overall happy with the results. 

7 Posts

June 12th, 2018 08:00

I've seen that post and tried doing everything the moderator mentioned. I've also seen other posts he's replied to and tried doing everything he mentions to the letter... and that's how I ended up with a messed up registry. 

1 Message

June 13th, 2018 04:00

I have the same thing - Support assist is "unresponsive"

1 Message

June 13th, 2018 07:00

I have the same issue, just spinning wheel of boredom on launch of the application. Happened after I updated a Serial Driver on the app's recommendation. Using a P69G001

June 13th, 2018 08:00

The June 12 Dell Update Application on new edition caused an interruption in the application.
SA need to be reinstalled to solve the problem.

http://downloads.dell.com/serviceability/catalog/SupportAssistInstaller.exe

The issue number will remain 2.2.1.23

1 Message

June 13th, 2018 13:00

I have the exact same laptop and the exact same problem. 

That's really annoying and they should fix it ASAP

1 Message

June 13th, 2018 14:00

Same problem.  It looks like Dell has no idea what is going on here.  I tried installing SupportAssistant again, but it didn't help.  Inspiron 3668  Windows 10 Release 1709

No Events found!