Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2017 15:00

SupportAssist won't update, won't assist, and won't uninstall

I have tried using SupportAssist for updating, but any dialog box that opens becomes inactive and won't close.

I have tried to uninstall SupportAssist, but the uninstall diaglog box shows uninstall process prorgesses to about 30% then stalls, and I am unable to close this non-functional diaglog box.

I tried  this update:  "The fix is in place. Please run support assist install from the link content.dellsupportcenter.com/.../aulauncher.exe".    This "fix" un-iinstallation progress box only progresses about 25%, then becomes idle.

How to fix this?

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

September 3rd, 2017 22:00

Hi DaqFL

Can you share the screenshot for better clarification.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

4 Posts

September 23rd, 2017 05:00

The solution was to do a Windows 10 RESET.  This solved many, many problems, including Dell Support Assist, computer speed, and elimination nearly daily Windows 10 Watchdog Violations. Solved.

8 Posts

July 11th, 2018 07:00

This solution worked for me as well however when attempting to run diagnostics on the support.dell.com website, after reinstalling the supportassist without issue, a popup came up when i ran diagnostics saying it was updating supportassist but then proceeded to cancel the update without explanation.

No Events found!