Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2012 15:00

A red lock symbol on VMAX in SMC

Hi All,

Please help me with this situation. When I logged into SMC it shows a red lock symbol on a VMAX which we have. The other VMAX arrays and DMXs are fine.

Please help me to know why it is and how to remove the lock.

11 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 07:00

Hi Jithu ,

check for config lock ,

if it is not there restart the SMC Service and let us know how it goes ,

Regards

Sadish

859 Posts

September 24th, 2012 04:00

Hi Jithu,

From SMC help guide:

Symmetrix external locks prevent access to the entire Symmetrix array during configuration change sessions (Red lock) and Storage Pool Management activities (Blue lock).

You can only release Config Change locks (Red). Caution is advised when performing this operation.

Use the release lock action only if you believe that the Symmetrix lock was forgotten and there are NO other operations in progress to the specified devices in the Symmetrix array.

To remove a lock on a Symmetrix array:

1. Right-click the Symmetrix ID and select Symmetrix Admin, Symmetrix Lock Maintenance to open the Symmetrix Lock Maintenance dialog box. All current locks for the selected array are listed.
  2. Select the lock you want to release and click Unlock. The lock is released and the dialog box closes.

For Symmetrix arrays running Enginuity 5874 or higher, you can release lock 15, as long as it is not held by the Config Server. For all other Enginuity versions, you cannot release lock 15, regardless of who holds it.

regards,

Saurabh

No Events found!